Divorce and marriage in Sri Lanka and USA

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

AmosLewis
Thug

Divorce and marriage in Sri Lanka and USA

Post by AmosLewis »

I am marry in sri lanka. but not divorce yet. My boyfriend in America . He told me, can marry in America on visiting visa . No need my divorce to come to America . can do the divorce in USA. True? Tell details . thank you.
MaynDevou
Mole Person

Re: Divorce and marriage in Sri Lanka and USA

Post by MaynDevou »

you surely can do it
JeffMiller
NSF

Post by JeffMiller »

In general, the requirements and processes for divorce and marriage can vary between Sri Lanka and the USA. While it might be possible to get married in the US on a visiting visa, it's crucial to consider the legal implications of doing so without finalizing your divorce in Sri Lanka. It's advisable to consult with an immigration lawyer in the US to understand the specific regulations and potential complications.

To get accurate details and guidance, I suggest reaching out to legal professionals who specialize in international family law or immigration law. They can provide you with expert advice tailored to your situation. Additionally, you might find this useful calculator online that can help you estimate the costs and potential implications of divorce and marriage in different countries.
Enmmabern
Thug

Post by Enmmabern »

Navigating international marriage and divorce laws can be complex, especially when considering different regulations in Sri Lanka and the USA. Generally, if you're still legally married in Sri Lanka, it's crucial to finalize your divorce there before pursuing marriage in the US. While it's possible to marry in the US on a visiting visa, the legal implications of your existing marriage must be addressed. Seeking guidance from legal experts familiar with both Sri Lankan and US laws is advisable to ensure compliance and avoid complications. Additionally, exploring resources like this one at https://divorcejury.com/divorcing-a-dis ... ed-to-know can provide valuable insights tailored to your unique circumstances. Take your time to gather information and make informed decisions.