New Truck Tire Time

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DamonMoral
UNATCO

New Truck Tire Time

Post by DamonMoral »

That time again, new truck tires! I currently have KO2s on my 1/2 ton Silverado. They have been great tires and I have put them through some pretty rough, rugged, overweighted, and icy conditions without issue.

My life has changed and I now do way less gravel and backwoods travel, and a lot more on highways/pavement. Can anyone recommend a good tire for this? I love the rugged look of the KO2 but not so much the gravel they throw. Any "mean" looking highway/towing tires out there?
MikeBrooklyn
Thug

Re: New Truck Tire Time

Post by MikeBrooklyn »

Now that your driving terrain has shifted more towards highways and pavement, I'd suggest looking into all-terrain or highway/towing tires.
The Toyo Open Country AT3 or Nitto Ridge Grappler are worth checking out. They offer that "mean" appearance you're after while providing a smoother highway ride. You'll maintain the rugged look without the gravel-throwing tendencies.
And if you're considering new tires, maybe it's also a good time to explore used trucks. You can find some options at https://www.truckexporter.co.uk/product ... -for-sale/