What's up with this Illuminati Shizm?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Chironu
Mole Person

What's up with this Illuminati Shizm?

Post by Chironu »

I'm fed up. I need to know; how far off was Deus Ex's explaination of the Illuminati from the real thing?

Ya, this made me wonder, after I today finally got my hands on a $1 bill. Ever. (No I'm not poor, I just don't live in America) And so I see george chillin on one side, I decided to flip the damn bill over and there it is.

That Eye, EYE could recognize it anywere.. and the letters beneath: MDCCLXXVI. At first I was like whatever, but then I realized The Illuminati were into that Roman numbers typa shizm, so I checked it out; and MDCCLXXVI means "1775". Isn't that the year that Adam Weishaupt started the Illuminati?
Cogito, ergo Illuminati sum.
lofaesofa
UNATCO

Post by lofaesofa »

Who knows... If it were true then it'd probably be blown all over the press. There is often wild speculation about such groups. In the UK the people in the army now have to declare if they are freemasons as it was supposed that a high proportion of the officers were freemasons and offered advantages to their mason cohorts. That is of course against the values of freemasonry, but it happens frequently. One of my friend's father was a freemason, so she got into a very good private school because of it.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

If you like wild conspiracy talk about the illuminati and capitalism, this video would be quite good, talks about the currency-
Illuminati.Capitalist.Conspiracy.(Documentary-1960's.Anti.NWO)
http://torrentspy.com/search.asp?mode=t ... &id=222743

(this is an old video, at the end it says to distribute it freely and show it to everyone, so it's not being "pirated". if someone doesn't want anything that has anything to do with bittorrent on the forums, just kill the link please)

1775 had a lot of stuff going on, and sources disagree as to which year the illuminati was founded, probably 1776-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1775

Freemasons are known to "help" eachother, it is a religious organization (though they hotly deny that), but you can think of it from the outside as more like a social club.

The eye represents complete knowledge, or perhaps god (depending on the organization using it). The american government likes to use it in logos, such as this one from last year or so-
http://www.computerbytesman.com/tia/iaologo.gif

It appears to be used by the masons for the first time in 1797, after being first designed by the american government, referencing passages of the bible.
Mawwic

Post by Mawwic »

kelseyradley
Thug

Re: What's up with this Illuminati Shizm?

Post by kelseyradley »

If it were real, it would most likely be all over the news. Such organizations are sometimes the subject of wild speculation. People in the UK army are now required to declare whether or not they are freemasons, as it was previously assumed that a large proportion of officers were freemasons and granted benefits to their mason cohorts. This is obviously contrary to freemasonry's values, but it occurs frequently. Because one of my friends' fathers was a freemason, she was able to attend a very good private school.  Bitlife