What to rent? Coworking space or regular office.

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DamonMoral
UNATCO

What to rent? Coworking space or regular office.

Post by DamonMoral »

I reached the point when it is time to raise my hobby to another level. My personal project reached the point when I do not have time to do everything on my own. I need a team and I think it would be best to cooperate with them in one space. I understand that most people today are working from home but I believe that in the beginning, it is important to work with people live not in front of a webcam. I was thinking about renting a small office so we could work there in a group and manage all issues that surely will appear in the process and handle them in time. But then I heard about coworking spaces. They are cheaper because you share the space with other companies and they are considered modern offices. But the thing is that many people, that work there say because you share it with different employees from other companies, you might face major issues, like noise, lack of privacy. I worry that this might influence productivity. So, what are your thoughts?
HasDiab
Mole Person

Re: What to rent? Coworking space or regular office.

Post by HasDiab »

It's a tough call! On one hand, having your own office provides a sense of ownership and control over your environment, which can be super important for productivity and focus. Plus, having a dedicated space where your team can gather and brainstorm without distractions sounds like a dream. Have you checked out conference room rental options in Reston? I stumbled upon https://www.metroffice.com/ recently, and they seem to offer some great spaces for meetings and collaboration. Might be worth looking into! But then there's the allure of coworking spaces. I mean, they're definitely more budget-friendly, and the idea of being surrounded by other creative minds can be really inspiring.