Burnout 3: Takedown!

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Burnout 3: Takedown!

Post by ZeroPresence »

Yeehaw! Kick ass.

Anyone else play this game? Its a game set on the idea that breaking shit is the name of the game. Taking risks get you big rewards, but messing up earns you big time losses. Driving insanely means you're doing something right, coasting along in the right hand lane means you're about to get smoked. Rocketing your opponents into the air like a space shuttle earns you boost, which in turn magnifies your ability to take risks and get some mad rewards. Its loaded with a lot of sweet vehicles from coupe customs through firetrucks!

Speaking of firetrucks, you like carnage, right? Then you'd definitely love Crash Mode. The purpose of Crash mode is to pile your vehicle into a busy intersection and cause up as much destruction as possible. Aided by heavy vehicles, cash multipliers, and instaboosters. Hit the ramp, hit the pickups, and hit the newspapers!

Anyway, this game is super fun. Its racing game amped up to the second power of speed and carnage! Also forgot to mention the pretty killer soundtrack. heh.

But, there is one thing I don't like. Maybe this is just my luck, but it seems like there is an elaborate scheme in play throughout the entire game to get you pile driven into a car. Either, a bunch of douche bags on the Burnout 3 team sat around for endless hours testing tracks to figure out where to put an impossibly avoidable car, or there is a big ass code system designed to predict your movements around a bend or over a crest in the road and plot your ultimate demise. Whichever it is, it seems like the game is out to get you dead. Real quick.

If you can look past that, and maybe it is just me... remember that, maybe you should head out and pick up or rent this beast for PS2 or X-Box. I love it, and whatever I say goes. Kapeesh?
Last edited by ZeroPresence on Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nap
Thug

Post by Nap »

Haven't played it but I've heard of it. Just today in fact (how ironic).

My Vision Is Augmented
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Picking it up would most likely be in your best interest. Or, are you a different counsole game player? I know some people just like consoles for a soul type of game. Thats kind of why I like the game so much too, I generally just play Playstation 2 for Armored Core series and Devil May Cry series. But I played it when my sister's boyfriend brought it over one day and fell for it, and thus bought it myself a while ago.