old deus-ex siggy

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Dragon
Silhouette

old deus-ex siggy

Post by Dragon »

completly forgot that i'm here in a deus-ex oriented community and that i made once a dx-sig. feel free to comment on it.

images used are from PDX and some other place i can not remeber... google is your friend. post processed the karkian and jc a bit to give it more depth. some normal-mapping for old deus-ex and stencil shadows would be a cool addition :P
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
As_Dreamcast

Post by As_Dreamcast »

I like. :3

And yeah, Normal Mapping and Stencil shadows would be so amazing in DX1, but so hard to do at the same time. Maybe the HDTP guys can work on that next? ;)
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

As_Dreamcast wrote:I like. :3

And yeah, Normal Mapping and Stencil shadows would be so amazing in DX1, but so hard to do at the same time. Maybe the HDTP guys can work on that next? ;)
i doubt so. normal mapping an stencil shadowing (shadow volumes) have to be supported by the engine which without source code is impossible to do.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
As_Dreamcast

Post by As_Dreamcast »

Well, no one ever said it had to be done well. I'm sure there's some way to kludge up ghetto versions of it.
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

As_Dreamcast wrote:Well, no one ever said it had to be done well. I'm sure there's some way to kludge up ghetto versions of it.
i'm a coder doing game engine design myself. belief me if the source code is not available and you can not modify it to support normal mapping and stencilling then it won't work. for example deus-ex uses no stencil-buffer. if you do not create one you have none. to achieve this you need to hack the code which we do not have.