What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by nerdenstein »

DDL wrote: EDIT -DDL: huh, I can't seem to make your spoilers work, either. Yay forum weirdness. AH-HAH! BBcode disabled, apparently. Well, we all learned something.
Ahh, I may have clicked on it by accident. Next time, I just won't make posts on my phone. :lol:
Thanks. :smile:

Also, I should have proof read. Nevermind. :lol:

As for Dishonoured, I was considering getting it but because I've lost my bank card, I can't until I get a replacement. :(
However, I am taking this discussion into account when I consider purchasing it.

EDIT: I've just found this mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/otchlan-mod-c ... igtest-mix
What has this guy done to the Character animations?! I couldn't help but laugh. (1:15 onwards and 3:15 onwards.)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

nerdenstein wrote:Anyway, whilst the RCM is a massive improvement over the game
Thanks!
The Ebon Hawk crashes and gets wedged between the rocks.
Not much to be done about the EH stuff. The cutscenes were all there is, and yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me either, but we rather not remove from the content actually in the game...
can be saved but does not make a difference on the ending anyway
It does for Visas or Handmaiden. Also you should have noticed Mandalore being there too, which makes your later assumption about him on the Hawk and not hearing his content a bad... well... untrue?
It leads no explanation as to where Boa-Dur has gone but after that point, we don't see him anymore apart from as a recorded message to his remote. Oh, and traveling to Malachor, we hear the thoughts.of the squad mates including Bao-Durs so he is there. Or should be.
It seems pretty intentional of OE to leave Bao's fate "open", what with him not being able to be mind-read, Kreia not being able to provide a future and him mysteriously dissapearing. A lot of people apparently want him dead (presumably due to dislike of the character more than thinking it fits the story) though. Also fueled by a grossly misinterpretated line "make my sacrifice matter" from a trailer, which isn't even on the shipped disk. And was probably about him sacrificing remote to destroy Malachor anyway...
Apparently, there is even a cut scene of Visas and Mandalore walking the surface that wasn't restored. That'd have been nice too considering Canderous doesn't have any input into Malachor at all even though this is where his people were defeated.
Not really. Another misconception due to being able to see Mandalore and Visas on the Malachor loading screen. Aside from that, there ain't naught. Also, again, your second point is strange considering Mandalore is right there in the holding cell and freeing him gives you his Malachor dialogue...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Fuck all you bloody pirates and Americans.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Jonas wrote:Fuck all you bloody pirates and Americans.
If it makes you feel any better, my torrent won't be finished until way after Friday anyway.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It doesn't make me feel better, but I've struck a line through your name in my black book.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

I didn't pirate it, and I don't live in America. Just use a VPN like all the cool kids do.

Anyway, as it has already been said, the game is easy, even on very hard - but it's still really good.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

shadowblade34 wrote:I didn't pirate it, and I don't live in America. Just use a VPN like all the cool kids do.

Anyway, as it has already been said, the game is easy, even on very hard - but it's still really good.
Steam can ban you for using VPN though, make you lose every game you've ever bought there.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Awesome stuff.
Regarding the Ebon Hawk cutscenes, yeah I agree with you. The point was to restore not take away, right? :P Again, just me being picky.

I think I know what I've done regarding the squad mates... I actually forgot to save them. I found them the first time but then saved and left the game for a bit and then came back and took the other route to Sion and Traya... for some reason (I think I loaded the wrong save actually). Hence why I didn't see a difference in the ending. Looks like I am gonna have to play through the ending again! #-o That would also be why I didn't see Mandalore at all on Malachor.
I must admit, I remember seeing a video on Mandalore and Visas walking on the Malachor surface. But I cannot find it so maybe I really am making it up. :?

I actually enjoyed Bao-Dur as a character. I felt he had a lot of potential to be a great character but was underplayed a little; such as in the ending.
I did find this on his page on Wookieepedia:
[quote]In the cut material from the game's ending, no mention of Bao-Dur was made at all. Despite the fact that Mandalore can be seen with Visas on the Malachor surface loading screen, some fans speculate that Bao-Dur and Mandalore did not join Surik on the trip to Malachor V since they were not to appear to attack Kreia at the end of the game. It is rumored that he was to be killed, since he only appears as a hologram on Malachor, and his place in the party selection screen is filled with an image of his remote. It is also possible that Kreia's inability to predict his fate was meant to leave room for his character to reappear along with the droids in a possible third installment in the series. In an interview, Chris Avellone stated that Bao-Dur was intended to die during the Battle of Telos IV, while helping HK-47 reach and shut down the HK Manufacturing Plant.[/quote]

Which again, is nothing definite but there we go.

Thanks again for the mod Hassat! You and your team should be proud! It's still a fantastic game/mod. I'm just touchy when it comes to plot points. :lol:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Jaedar wrote:
shadowblade34 wrote:I didn't pirate it, and I don't live in America. Just use a VPN like all the cool kids do.

Steam can ban you for using VPN though, make you lose every game you've ever bought there.
Only if you buy stuff using a VPN. From my experience they don't seem to care much when you unlock a game early with a VPN. I did it with DXHR and Sleeping Dogs. And lots of other people did it with Borderlands 2 over on reddit. No one's been banned yet.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I'd just pirate it out of principle. There's no reason for some countries to receive games (or films etc.) earlier than others.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote:

Some dudes on RPS have been saying they do that if you're trying to buy a game cheaper, but they aren't so heavy handed if you've bought the game at your regions price are only going for early access. I'd rather be safe than sorry just the same. :)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DaveW wrote:I'd just pirate it out of principle. There's no reason for some countries to receive games (or films etc.) earlier than others.
New Vision lags a little for me on my laptop whilst vanilla DX runs just fine, so out of principle ima pirate your game when you release it in 2 years time. :P

Who cares who gets what first. Not even decided by Arkane.

Meh who am I to judge.
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

Invisible War was absolutely hurt by it's release on consoles - but that's because of how it was put together and because of how it was timed.

You have to remember, it was developed for the original xbox - not even the 360. That's 64 mb of shared memory.

I'm willing to bet you that whatever you played Deus Ex 1 on, it did not have 64 mb of memory; in the system requirements, it even asks for a videocard with 16 megabytes of ram, and 64 megabytes of main memory, so at least 80 megabytes of shared memory. I personally played it on a machine from 98 with 256 megabytes of memory - even my fathers old Aptiva IBM 200 megahertz computer had 64 megs, and that one was from 96. In 2003, when invisible war came out, the standard was 1 gigabyte of memory, and the card the PC version was mainly developed on, the geforce 3 TI500 from 01, had 128 megabytes of video memory.

Release on such a limited piece of hardware _will_ hurt you. This is not the same as being limited to 512 megabytes of ram today; arguably, the standard pc only-release ram requirement is around 2-3 gigabytes, so that's a factor of 6, whereas the difference between 48 megabytes and a gigabyte is a factor of 20 (half life 2, which was released one year after invisible war, came with a requirement of 512 megabytes of ram, and recommended 1 gigabyte).

The fact is, during those years, the size of memory in peoples computers rose exponentially, because application could easily take advantage of the extra space, and microsoft recognized that as they released the 360 in 05.

Add to this, invisible war was not initially intended as a unified title - or it was at least not developed as such. The alpha builds before crunch looked much, much better than what was eventually released. Subsystems of the game got completely dismantled, and levels which had initially been as big as those of Deus Ex were cut down, because to release, IW would actually have _less_ ram available for levels than Deus Ex 1 had, even though this was not how things were initially anticipated.

Anyway, you can't really learn anything from this - the situation was a completely clusterfuck, and I doubt you're ever going to see a game get such ridiculous system requirements forced on it during the 11th hour of its development again.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Those that don't know yet, Neocron 2 went Free to play as of August.

Anyone looking for some hawt Deus Ex and System Shock with hints of Judge Dredd in a MMOFPS action?

Its been 10 years finally going back to my old apartment in Plaza! WOOT I missed Neocron City.

Oh yeah, Jonas if you try the game out, stay the fuck out of the sewers... SPIDERS... HUGE FUCKING SPIDERS... EVERYWHERE... lol
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Cybernetic pig wrote:Who cares who gets what first.
Well - me, since I made a point of mentioning it. Stupid question really.

I've had a chance to play it now, though - and it seems alright so far. I can see why people have a perception of low texture detail, but it's due to the art style. I did encounter this straight away:
Obviously the usual irks like abysmal facial animation and dodgy hand-overs to cinematic sequences apply but I don't see what's wrong with it on a technical level.