What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

AgentOrange
UNATCO

Re: What are you playing?

Post by AgentOrange »

Alright, I'll skip Identity Crisis since I just don't like having backstory decided for me in any way, that was one of my problems with LR, and I guess I'll save War Never Changes for my NCR character.

As for It's A Slaves Life, I played a bit more before realizing how much fun I was not having and realizing I was only playing through the mod for the big climax where I get to kill all the slavers in bloody retribution, only to discover that the guys who actually enslave you are essential, and the only people you can actually kill by the end are the guards who do absolutely nothing, and even then it's anticlimactic and will probably be ignored if/when episode III comes out.

And now, in hind sight, the whole issue with dialog where you only have one thing to say is an even bigger problem when the only good thing the mod is for is role playing, and when the game does give you something to say, it's either options for the arena, a pointless skill check, or results in you getting beaten to death. So the mod will literally punish you for not going along with the compliant, idiotic character it wants you to be.
"Heh, a Throne Room! How pretentious can you get?" - Garret
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Four years (nearly) old and 500 pages Agent Orange wins a slice of virtual cake for kicking off page D. :P

Borderlands 2: With a shield that drops "recharge packs" and a class mod that regenerates health, Maya the Siren has an quasi God mode. Phaselock is a handy power to temporarily take out troublesome enemies from the fight while you dispatch the easier ones.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

Still playing Quake Live, playing in the seasonal duel comp, playing a bit of Quake 3 CPM and QuakeWorld on the side as well.

Just finished Dishonored. It's a beautifully designed game - it's not difficult to miss the amount of time and effort that went into each level. However, it's just too darned easy and too darned short! I want more! Apart from that my only other gripe is that Dishonored is seriously lacking in the soundtrack department. Each level seemed to use the same ambient track and the same combat track, and we got some pathetic snippets of melody in the cutscenes. I felt like this was a huge missed opportunity to add even more colour into the game.

Human Revolution deserves a second playthrough, as do the Thief games in due course, and I can see DX on the horizon somewhere too.
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

bobby 55 wrote:Four years (nearly) old and 500 pages Agent Orange wins a slice of virtual cake for kicking off page D.
I have a horrible disease that causes me to get permanently banned whenever I eat virtual cake. I am deeply offended.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

AgentOrange wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:Four years (nearly) old and 500 pages Agent Orange wins a slice of virtual cake for kicking off page D.
I have a horrible disease that causes me to get permanently banned whenever I eat virtual cake. I am deeply offended.
Aaah! The dreaded clozedoronyerwayout. Luckily for the rest of us it's not contagious. :P
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

Finally found a fix for all my GTA3/VC issues. Just had to find a CLEO script that changes the Frame Limiter to only limit the game to 60 FPS, and now I'm having far less issues with the driving without the pain of a game running at constantly low FPS.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Link LINK!
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Link LINK!
http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=15178

Just install it the way you would any other CLEO mod and turn on the in-game frame limiter.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Thanks.
Although probably will be a while before I use it, good to have :)
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

AgentOrange wrote:
Don't worry, the cake is a lie!
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

So I played some impire: Inappropriate comments follow

I think the best analogy for the game is that it's an RTS for mothers. Not in the sense that it's necessarily the most casual, but in the sense that you have to micromanage your troops as if they were 5 year old. You have to make sure they have friends by putting them into squads, you have to make sure to tell them to eat, and you have to drive them around everywhere with your teleport spell. And all that to make them fight, and in fights you can barely command them at all, except for the standard attackmove. It's a lot of needless micromanagement for basically no reward.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

That doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Playing Maya the Siren in Borderlands 2 certainly is though. In the early levels it's just as difficult as the other characters but once you've got some decent points in her skill trees she becomes ace at crowd control, or healing, depending on which tree you load up of course. With a shield that does explosive damage to melee attackers, a skill that has AoE properties, and a grenade that sucks health from enemies and gives it your character, I'm having a grand time.
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

Huh. I never realized Mission Mojave was a totally unnecessary and game breaking "bug fix" that disables generic female NCR soldiers and completely breaks "You'll Know It When It Happens". Ah well, at least I can uninstall it, and it's not like uninstalling the additional MMUE+ compilation will break anyth--

"FalloutNV.exe has crashed. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I think I'm ready to do a real cowboy playthrough this time. 8)

The Mojave Wasteland will fear my Smith and Wesson 38.!
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

I tried playing Skyrim again, but I saw that infernal floating tree just outside Whiterun again. It ruins my enjoyment of the game. It's the third time I've had to uninstall it.
I completed Bioshock and, well, I didn't enjoy it too much. I would say that all my thoughts about the game are nicely written in someone's blog post here.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

shadowblade34 wrote:I tried playing Skyrim again, but I saw that infernal floating tree just outside Whiterun again. It ruins my enjoyment of the game. It's the third time I've had to uninstall it.
There's a console command that will let you disable it if it really annoys you that much.