What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Jonas »

Hassat Hunter wrote:trying my best to find typo's and apparently failing miserably :).
You've found lots of them, keep it up.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

If nobody here's tried the L4D2 "Improved Bots + Rayman's Mutation Mod", I highly recommend it. The mutations added by the latter are amazingly fun, (Especially the solo Campaign/Survival/Scavenge ones) and the Improved Bots one makes the survivor AI much, much better as well as allowing you to swap control of survivors at will, and allows them to continue on without you should you ever die, potentially completing the campaign by themselves if they never get a chance to rescue you or you never take control of one of them.

It even improves the AI enough to allow a playable single player version of Versus, and the survivor bots actually put up a bit of a challenge, having a good sense of direction and teamwork. And most importantly, they actually use melee weapons, and use them very well. It's honestly turned this game into something I see myself playing a lot from now on.
"Heh, a Throne Room! How pretentious can you get?" - Garret
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

I completed Tomb Raider yesterday, it was an alright game, nothing too special. However there is this

But other than that, I'm off to play Total War: Shogun 2, and maybe some Witcher on the side.
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

SC2hots

Or I would be if it wasn't timelocked and I wasn't so pissed about having to reset my password twice before I could login. I forgot it the first time, then the server judged me a security risk to my own account so had to redo it.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

...I'm apparently playing on the wrong account. So that's fun. Apparently I bought it for my diablo account rather than my SC2 account or something.
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

Noticed that the Red Faction games were on sale, got Guerilla for $5 because goddammit THQ having not made it part of the THQ collection.

Alright, now hopefully GFWL won't give me too much shit to register an account and play the damn game. If it does, I'll have to use Xliveless, which was made for goddamn GTA4.
"Heh, a Throne Room! How pretentious can you get?" - Garret
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Pre loading Bioshock: Infinite. I'm going to play it over the Easter week-end as I'm still playing the beta of Expeditions: Conquistador.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I've been playing Arx Fatalis. Cool game, but I wish it had more combat, which is something I didn't think I'd say about any aRPG.
odio ergo sum
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Agreed. It needs some cool scripted events for when you travel back through previously visited areas late in the game, or at the very least just some enemies spawned. Excellent game though, the atmosphere is really something, especially on a certain later level. The Crypt

I may have a go at modding Arx sometime.

Currently playing Return To Castle Wolfenstien on mah PS2, my favorite Id shooter possibly. It's full of scripted events but it's scripted events done well.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I have one Steam copy of the original Bioshock for free, if anyone wants it.

Bioshock: Infinite took 20 minutes to unlock. It added 700 megabytes to the 14.9 gigabytes as well.

Edit: Update your Nvidia drivers to the 314.22. Apparently it helps with Bioshock: Infinite a lot.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote: Bioshock: Infinite took 20 minutes to unlock. It added 700 megabytes to the 14.9 gigabytes as well.

Edit: Update your Nvidia drivers to the 314.22. Apparently it helps with Bioshock: Infinite a lot.
But is it any good?

I've seen some things that bode ill :(
odio ergo sum
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

I'm playing HAWX, just trying to complete a bunch of games that I've already completed but now bought on Steam. It's a fun game, nothing much to say there, I'm going to move on to HAWX 2 when that's over then.

Alongside that I've been playing a ton of Shogun 2, but after becoming Shogun and making over -3000 every season (It was a perfect example of diseconomies of scale) so I think it's time to quit and uninstall. I'm running low on space for other games, such as the recently installed Empire: Total War, which is pretty good from what I've played.

Multiplayer is reserved for Red Orchestra 2, which takes up most of my time.

It's a bit difficult for me to talk about the games I've been playing, as shown by the short sentences just saying what I'm playing without about actually elaborating. Maybe I should stick to one game. Anyway, a question to ask for anyone able to answer: What's the word on Expeditions: Conquistador? I want to know when I can buy it!
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote:
bobby 55 wrote: Bioshock: Infinite took 20 minutes to unlock. It added 700 megabytes to the 14.9 gigabytes as well.

But is it any good?

I've seen some things that bode ill :(
Really? I haven't read anything that hasn't been glowing (non spoilery stuff though). Anyhow, I'll probably be able to give some impressions later in the week.
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

bobby 55 wrote: I have one Steam copy of the original Bioshock for free, if anyone wants it.

Bioshock: Infinite took 20 minutes to unlock. It added 700 megabytes to the 14.9 gigabytes as well.

I'll take it if it's still free, just PM me.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Also started playing Bioshock Infinite. My GPU sits at a lovely 93C whilst playing. :/
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.