What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Duke Floss wrote: But soon I'll be playing that. I've also ported over a bunch of old Quake2 engine games to my iMac that I've been playing (SoF, SiN, Kingpin, and yes even Daikatana) :P
SiN is a worse game than Daikatana.
First game to ever actually make me nauseous to play, due to the jello polygons.
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

I always wondered what was up with that in Q2 powered games - doesn't really bother me, but it is annoying a bit.
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Jetsetlemming wrote:SiN is a worse game than Daikatana.
First game to ever actually make me nauseous to play, due to the jello polygons.
Actually I quite liked SiN (until I got stuck somewhere, reinstalled my pc and lost the savegame). I don't know how it compares to Daikatana though, because I hardly played that.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Doom 3 gives me the creeps.

Flickering lights and things jumping out of nowhere.

Why's it got RPG elements too?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Xesum wrote:Doom 3 gives me the creeps.
Cus RPG elements is the new bullet time.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

Xesum wrote:Doom 3 gives me the creeps.

I like Doom 3 but am honestly too freaked out by it to play it without at least God mode (and I feel no shame in admitting that, since it's just a game lol). System Shock 2 also gave me the creeps, worse than Doom 3, to be honest. Still a damn wicked game.
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

DOOM 3 does not really scare me, but it does make me quite aware that I can get killed without even seeing an enemy, and it also makes me aware of the fact that Mars has no Duct Tape. WHY IS THERE NO DUCT TAPE!?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Kee715 wrote:DOOM 3 does not really scare me, but it does make me quite aware that I can get killed without even seeing an enemy, and it also makes me aware of the fact that Mars has no Duct Tape. WHY IS THERE NO DUCT TAPE!?
Because all the demons used it to patch body parts onto themselves.
I am currently playing Vampire:The masquerade Bloodlines.. pretty sweet game, or at least the first part is.
odio ergo sum
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

Bloodlines is awesome for the most part - just make sure you play with the community patch installed.
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Duke Floss wrote:Bloodlines is awesome for the most part - just make sure you play with the community patch installed.
I am and that is a lie. Most of the game is just above average. The first act though... It's brilliant.
odio ergo sum
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

The Downtown and Hollywood sections are even better than Santa Monica, especially Downtown. If you don't think so, you haven't been exploring enough to see the sidequests like the chick in the abandoned hospital, and the nightclub owner's mob problem.
teknikal
UNATCO

Post by teknikal »

DaveW wrote:Tales of Monkey Island.And it's fantastic. Every bit as good as the rest of the series. Anyone who likes Monkey Island has to play it.
Tales is absolutely amazingly perfectly brilliant. Big tick of approval from me 'cause it's the first adventure game I never got stuck in while playing. And it's so PRETTY! I absolutely adore the art style. I'd love to work at Telltale just for art's sake.
Jetsetlemming wrote:SiN is a worse game than Daikatana.
*shock* I LUV SIN!!! :D Especially the Wages of SiN expansion pack. They're both excellent and underrated games.
I can easily look past the dated vertex animation because the voice acting and constant dialogue is hilarious and awesome.

And speaking of FPS... I finally got The Conduit about a week or two ago. Such a simple and fun generic FPS. Controls brilliantly too. Pity the single player game's too short though.
teknikal's gallery: http://teknikal-vision.deviantart.com/
We are the future. Better than kings... gods!
>come join DXFC: The Church of JC: http://deus-ex-fan-club.deviantart.com/
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm playing The Force Unleashed.

Like most Torment fans, I have a thing for demon girls.

Like most proper nerds, I have a thing for female jedis.

What does The Force Unleashed unleash upon me?

...dude. Unfair <_<

(Oh and in less pubescent commentary, it's a decent game but the combat is a bit too flailing - not elegant enough - and there are too many quick-time events. I would like to feel a little more in control and powerful. If only the whole game were like the first mission where you're just annihilating wookies as invulnerable Darth Vader.)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

SIN
Whilst I have never played (or known much about) SIN, I have heard it has long load times.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/1998/11/18/
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jetsetlemming wrote:The Downtown and Hollywood sections are even better than Santa Monica, especially Downtown. If you don't think so, you haven't been exploring enough to see the sidequests like the chick in the abandoned hospital, and the nightclub owner's mob problem.
You do realise that Downtown contains lots of forced stealth (but the chick in the hospital is nice) and that hollywood ends with an unskippable sewer level and lots forced combat... Santa monica is nice cus you can stealth, fight , or talk your way through most quests :)
odio ergo sum