What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: What are you playing?

Post by DDL »

chris the cynic wrote:Things are definitely coming together. Now, what will we be saving the world from?
.........me?
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

That was what I thought the moment I saw you were the most recent poster in this thread. The the only problem I see with with that is, I'm pretty sure we all like you.

[Added:] Then again, as long as we keep it strictly professional... remember Sam and Ralph? They were totally into it when they were on the clock, but as soon as the whistle blew they were the best of friends. That could work.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The best stories are the ones where the protagonists and the antagonists actually like each other, so I think this will work out pretty well.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Random musing on the difficulties of waiting, and the problem with the temptation to let your friend, the villain, finish one last project before the final battle. Or something like that.

Our four heroes met, the preparations were complete, the plan had been studied, they were ready to engage in final battle with the villain. The end of this great struggle was nigh, they stood at the cusp of victory and they all knew it.

One of them spoke: "Listen, I know we all want to save the world, take down the bad guy and all that, but couldn't we wait until after he finished his cure for cancer?"

There were murmurings of approval for the new plan. The original plan was checked, then double triple and, yes, quadruple checked to make sure that it would not be hindered by a delay.

--Three Months Later--

Our heroes are assembled around a table. They have drinks but have not ordered any food.

Hero 1 "This is boring."
Hero 2 "R&D takes time."
Hero 3 "You can't rush progress."
*there is a loud bang as Hero 4's head hits the table*
*The other three heroes carefully evaluate this contribution to the conversation*
Hero 2 "He seemed so close."
Hero 3 "You can't dictate innovation."
*Hero 4 lifts his head off the table only to bang it back down again.*
Hero 1 "Well said."
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Silent Storm. The loading screens are AWESOME
The game itself is pretty good, too.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:The best stories are the ones where the protagonists and the antagonists actually like each other, so I think this will work out pretty well.
There's a game out now with that in mind: Christmas with the family.lol
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

This fucking house keeps blowing up on me
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I played Hammer & Sickle once. Even purchased it so I could give it a try. Very mean game. Definitely in the "kind of brilliant but also a buggy piece of shit" category.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

I am thinking of giving System Shock 1 a go again - been a long time, and I'm in the mood for some good retro gaming. Might even try and get Cybermage to work properly.
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

OK I'm pretty sure it's impossible for that house not to blow up. I disarmed a second boobytrap inside, on a chest under the stairs, but then when I try to open the chest, or go up the stairs, it still explodes anyway. My engineer can't deal with shit I can't see to interact with.
I just backed everyone away, then sniped the stupid chest through a window, collected the intel from the rubble, and left. Fuck that house.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Oh my god that felt so good Silent Storm is the best game ever.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Logged on to the online rental place for the first time in 18 months.Not a whole lot of new games but they did have SOF double helix that has just been put up for rental.Downloaded and i am doing the tutorial and that's even more engaging than Payback.So just saying thanks for the advice,looks like this going to be fun.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
teknikal
UNATCO

Post by teknikal »

Everyone who has access to a Xbox Live on their 360 ought to fork out the small fee and buy Shadow Complex.
Shooter-sidescroller in the spirit of Metroid pumped up on speed.

It's been a while since I felt so kick ass in a game. Once you get all the armor upgrades it's insane how cool you feel. You get a grapple hook, a triple jump, hover pack, a rebreather type thing and heaps of awesome guns and experimental weapons (foam gun is sweet). There's more but I forget... Oh and there's vent crawling and you can stealth kill if you are good enough.
GAH I WISH I WAS PLAYING IT NOW!!!!
Yay there are mechs and spiderbots (which you can kick :P)!
My fav ability is the speed run which lets you run on water and smash through walls and enemies, and even run on ceilings.

Shadow Complex was the best marathon 8 hours of gaming on Sunday I've had in a while. Freaking addictive stuff.
teknikal's gallery: http://teknikal-vision.deviantart.com/
We are the future. Better than kings... gods!
>come join DXFC: The Church of JC: http://deus-ex-fan-club.deviantart.com/
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Overlord 2 is a good game, it's funny, tactical and has the best boat level ever.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Xesum wrote:Overlord 2 is a okey game, it's funny sometimes, and has a boat level .
Fix'd :)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum