What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jazz
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Jazz »

Xesum wrote: Minesweeper's better.
Meh, Minesweeper's okay but I prefer card games.
"You lose, Carl Miller!"
Skilgannon
UNATCO

Post by Skilgannon »

Recently found out again how fun Giants: Citizen Kabuto is. Also got some unofficial patches/mods that fix bugs and enhance the shit out of the graphics. :D
Life is a series of random events designed to strip you of your sanity.

justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

justanotherfan wrote:I'm going to be playing Beyond Good and Evil, and Chronicles of Riddick. I know almost nothing about them.
Beyond Good and Evil is an older game. There's a couple of bugs, and it's been crashing occasionally. It really reminds me of a game I played a few years ago...can't find it online anywhere, but it was about robots that were in space, and you played as one goofy robot, and drove around in a space car doing missions for money to upgrade the car. It was supposed to be like GTA with a Z axis, but it was more like True Crime in space with a sense of humour. BGaE is decent, fantasy sci-fi, third person shooter in a sandbox with mission-based gameplay. There's elements of stealth, but it's more like a puzzle game with the stealth (eg. one enemy is nearly invincible except for one weak point, there's a few in a room, disable them all without alerting them). Neat game. Terrible camera, the controls can be bad, but it's OK. Clearly a console port, like that space game I mentioned earlier. I had hoped it would be a bit more philosophical though...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

BG&E is an awesome game, and don't let anyone tell your otherwise. sure the gameplay is a bit unrefined, but you can control the camera with the mouse so it ain't that bad. You play it for the story though, which is rather touching.
Skilgannon wrote:Recently found out again how fun Giants: Citizen Kabuto is. Also got some unofficial patches/mods that fix bugs and enhance the shit out of the graphics. :D
Yeah it is fun, atleast the first two campaigns, Kabuto can go and die.
Also: grenade potatoes!
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

I'm playing a new game now... Prototype... kind of addictive and cool controls.... :mrgreen:
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Sims 3 ... I admit it ... I'm hooked, AGAIN.

10 years after the first Sims game, I have still not readied my defense.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

EER wrote:Sims 3 ... I admit it ... I'm hooked, AGAIN.

10 years after the first Sims game, I have still not readied my defense.
Definately one of those games you can keep going back to!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Shoot many men in the wild west. Wield dual pistols mapped to the mouse buttons. Defend stagecoaches with your repeater rifle. Sink a steamboat with a cannon. Blow up a bridge during the civil war. Kill Indians with a bow while sailing down waterfalls in a canoe. Ride around Monument Valley and take missions from wanted posters. Climb mining scaffolds or water towers with a whip to find secrets.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jazz
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Jazz »

I've been playing the original Diablo for the past one week. Good memories of when I played it ten years back and it scared the crap out of me back then :)
"You lose, Carl Miller!"
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

justanotherfan wrote:robots that were in space, and you played as one goofy robot, and drove around in a space car doing missions for money to upgrade the car. It was supposed to be like GTA with a Z axis, but it was more like True Crime in space with a sense of humour
Scrapland. Sorry, couldn't remember the name. For some reason I remembered the phrase "junkyard" wit the game, and google brought it up eventually. Beyond Good and Evil reminds me of Scrapland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapland

BGaE is a decent game. It can get annoying. It's one of those games where you can get essentially infinite health, by buying many health power ups, by reloading the same map where money appears over and over. Only problem is occasionally the camera will start spinning and you're going to die, or there'll be a puzzle you get stuck at for a few minutes. Scrapland is similar, except like in Driver, there'll be a race you can't seem to win.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jonas wrote:Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Shoot many men in the wild west. Wield dual pistols mapped to the mouse buttons. Defend stagecoaches with your repeater rifle. Sink a steamboat with a cannon. Blow up a bridge during the civil war. Kill Indians with a bow while sailing down waterfalls in a canoe. Ride around Monument Valley and take missions from wanted posters. Climb mining scaffolds or water towers with a whip to find secrets.
So, is it good?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Jazz wrote:I've been playing the original Diablo for the past one week. Good memories of when I played it ten years back and it scared the crap out of me back then :)
Diablo is one I go back to from time to time myself... :smile:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Xesum wrote:So, is it good?
Depends on whether you like all those things.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Playing Dungeon Siege 2: Broken World myself now, awaiting 1.0.3 :giggle:.

If I had internet home (AAARGH! Darn provider) I would also be playing Enemy Territory (the original, not Quake Wars), UT2K4 and Audio Surf... [Is sad].
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Playing Dungeon Siege 2: Broken World myself now, awaiting 1.0.3 :giggle:.

If I had internet home (AAARGH! Darn provider) I would also be playing Enemy Territory (the original, not Quake Wars), UT2K4 and Audio Surf... [Is sad].
I offer you my condolences on not having Internet, it is a pain no nerd should have to bear. Right now I am playing Prince of Persia: Sands of time, and spellforce (Courtesy of GoG.com)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum