Deus Ex: Invisible War

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Diminished7th
Mole Person

Deus Ex: Invisible War

Post by Diminished7th »

Has anyone been able to run DXIW under Linux? I'm unable to find any documented success in doing so. Supposedly a few people have been been able to as posts at Transgaming indicate. But other than that, content on running DXIW under Linux is nonexistant. Would anyone mind offering a bit of insight or guiding me into the right direction? Thankyou for any time spent.
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

theoretically it can work. dxiw uses though cd-protection hence you need at last a no-cd-crack to get it working. this takes up 1.6G of storage which is not less. furthermore the game is rather crashy under windows hence i would not assume it is any better under linux.

thus in general i would say, no it does not work. i for my part could not achieve this goal but i do also not use the real cedega as this is pay-ware, which i am ot fond of especially if not finished yet.

BTW: your siggy nearly slams me it is so incredible bigg. i think half the size would be enough... :lol:
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
ereha_dg
Mole Person

Re: Deus Ex: Invisible War

Post by ereha_dg »

Everyone has their own point of view, and it's important to respect the opinions of others.