Giant Gobs of Crazy and the EFCA

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Xesum
Illuminati

Re: Giant Gobs of Crazy and the EFCA

Post by Xesum »

Jonas wrote:
Jaedar wrote:Admittedly I mainly skimmed through the post, but I will say this; when America goes to hell, Europe will laugh and boy will we laugh hard.
No, because all the good game developers are in America :(
Hmm.

Off Topic Productions is spread all the way around the world, and Trestkon is in Canada, so he'll be ok.

Valve are in America, but with luck they can move somewhere else.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

God almighty this thread is painful.

CtC posts a long rant which even includes the phrase "what the fuck is wrong with these people" (in BOLD, no less), and yet some people seem to think ...those clearly laughable conspiracy theories were his actual opinions?

And then Mr_CP jumps in with an unnecessary "sorry but to me this is just laughable" (for the record: yes. That's why CtC posted it. That was kinda the point), but then proceeds to deliver an equally tinfoil-hatted rant..which christ, as far as I can tell he may actually believe, given the lack of any ironic comments in the delivery.

Xesum seems to believe that ALUMINUM << STEEL under any and all circumstances, such that presumably a kilogram of aluminum travelling at 90% lightspeed would be utterly vapourised on collision with a steel bar, leaving the bar still a-ok (I'm hoping, just oh god hoping, for the sake of humanity, that the ALL CAPS meant it was an ironic statement).

Is it worth pointing out that for almost all situations CONSPIRACIES ARE POINTLESS? Especially "global" ones. People are stupid. Really, REALLY stupid. Masses of people are stupider still: collective intelligence tends to toward the loudest, dumbest members of the collective, not the smartest. You don't need a conspiracy to fuck up the world, you just need lots of people being people.

Anyway, I propose we take the scandanavian euthanasia people and employ them to hunt down the crazies CtC is talking about. FOR A START.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Because sarcasm and irony on the Internet fails, especially when arranged in multiple layers, I feel compelled to explain that euthanasia is still entirely illegal in Denmark and (as far as I know) the rest of Scandinavia (though to be honest I'm not sure I think it should be under all circumstances). The idea that public health care = euthanasia is fucking hilarious.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

You mean you pay taxes for free health care, even though it isn't?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Jonas wrote:Because sarcasm and irony on the Internet fails, especially when arranged in multiple layers, I feel compelled to explain that euthanasia is still entirely illegal in Denmark and (as far as I know) the rest of Scandinavia (though to be honest I'm not sure I think it should be under all circumstances). The idea that public health care = euthanasia is fucking hilarious.
Well, there's always switzerland. Possibly I'm conflating euthanasia with 'right to die' (legalised suicide), coz it's all over the media over here right now. And I figured: hey, those crazy vikings are all about people's rights, right?

Still, free health care is awesome, and I wish the rabid flailing idiots in america could fucking realise that. "yes, you're probably the most powerful developed nation in the world, land of the free etc etc and yet you still LET PEOPLE DIE OF EASILY CURABLE CONDITIONS BECAUSE THEY ARE POOR".

And hell, I'd much rather my taxes went toward that, than toward two stupid wars nobody really wanted. O WATE I CAN DO BOTH.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Xesum wrote:You mean you pay taxes for free health care, even though it isn't?
I have no idea what you mean, and I suspect it's because you're being more stupid than I can even wrap my head around.

Free health care is (unsurprisingly) free.
DDL wrote:Well, there's always switzerland. Possibly I'm conflating euthanasia with 'right to die' (legalised suicide), coz it's all over the media over here right now. And I figured: hey, those crazy vikings are all about people's rights, right?
Indeed. Switzerland isn't in Scandinavia though.

Euthanasia is killing people who are better off dead (such as terminally ill people suffering horribly or wheelchair-bound seniors with alzheimer's and no will to live). In modern discourse it's generally assumed that you have to get their consent first, such that you can't just say "you are better off dead" and kill somebody regardless of whether or not they agree with that assessment (even though that would fall within the definition of euthanasia as well).

However, the "birthers" (or whatever) in the US are trying to make it out that the administration's public health care will imply mandatory euthanasia for old people who no longer contribute to society. It's blatant and outrageous propaganda, clearly.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
DDL

Post by DDL »

Jonas wrote: Switzerland isn't in Scandinavia though.
Christ, I do at least know that much. :)

It was more of a "oh, so not scandinavia then? Oh well, there's always switzerland"..

You know what, we should rename this thread "WHY SUBTLE MANNERISMS FAIL ON TEH INTERNET", since we're all apparently doing incredibly badly.

:/
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

HOW DARE YOU!

Oh wait, I think I took that the wrong way.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

When ever I hear Scandinavian I always tend to think about Lordi for some odd reason :D
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

...I would assume because Lordi are Scandinavian.

For better or for worse.

Mostly worse.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I would agree with the "mercy" euthanasia and if you thought my Logan's Run quip was me being offended.......NO that was me being idiotic me. So if that offended you......sorry
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Again, Canada. Up North, up to 1939, some Eskimos used to put elderly people on ice floes and send them off to sea. I think it was less euthanasia and more funny though.
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

"Birthers" refers to proponents of the "Obama wasn't born in the US" conspiracy theories.
And for the record I realized chris was presenting a conspiracy theory of which he didn't agree with.
Is it just me or are threads in OTP lately going all over the place in terms of topic?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

No you aren't the only one but unfortunately i seem to be one of the "conspirators" in making that happen. Maybe a Bobby non posting policy should be adopted.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:No you aren't the only one but unfortunately i seem to be one of the "conspirators" in making that happen. Maybe a Bobby non posting policy should be adopted.
Whatever keeps the forums active till 1.0.3 hits is a good thing in my book :)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum