Mr. Cyberpunk & Pals hijack a topic to discuss Game Censorship

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Mr. Cyberpunk & Pals hijack a topic to discuss Game Censorsh

Post by bobby 55 »

Hahahaha! That would have been an interesting mix. Arachnophobe and an entimologist.

*I don't care how cute you think it is, we are not adopting it* :mrgreen:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
teknikal
UNATCO

Post by teknikal »

Ha ha ha. Yeah.... Not a good mix. I wish people weren't so afraid of spiders. I feel sorry for all the ones that die needlessly because of that. But anyway, I'm scared enough of spiders to not want to pick them up with my bare hands (the jar and paper is essential!), but seriously how arachnophobic are you Jonas? *rattles the spider-jar and grins evilly* Nah I'm kidding thats mean :P I'd never do such a thing... :)

Hmmm attempting to get this back on topic (sorta)..., Jonas - do you think you'd censor all spiders from appearing in games if given the power to do so? LOL

(may I direct you to Deadly Creatures for the Wii....?)
teknikal's gallery: http://teknikal-vision.deviantart.com/
We are the future. Better than kings... gods!
>come join DXFC: The Church of JC: http://deus-ex-fan-club.deviantart.com/
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

http://rooc.offtopicproductions.com/blo ... hnophobia/

Read the whole thing.

Here is a brief excerpt
Jonas wrote:... Let me tell you how much I hate spiders.

I hate the way they move and any creature that moves in a way resembling that of a spider will strike fear into my heart, even the low-polygon spider robots in Deus Ex that bear only a passing resemblance to a real spider. Not only do I fear spiders crawling on or near me, I fear them when they are sitting still in their webs or on my wall; I fear them when they are dead and their corpses lie on my floor; my heart starts racing when I have to suck a dead spider into my vaccuum cleaner, and often I must take a break from vaccuuming afterwards to calm down and think of something else. I fear spiders when they are behind glass. The corpse of a small spider hangs between the two glass panes of my living room window, and I am startled by it every time I have to vaccuum the window sill. I fear images of spiders to such a degree that I am unable to bring myself to touch even a picture of a spider in a book. Frequently, I dream of spiders crawling near my bed, and I will awaken with a scream and jump out of bed, panicked.

Bottom line: I am really afraid of spiders.

Of course I know it makes no sense. Spiders are harmless, at least any sort of spider you can find in Denmark. ...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

teknikal wrote:I feel sorry for all the ones that die needlessly because of that.
It isn't needless. There is a definite need. Their deaths are critical to my mental well-being.
Hmmm attempting to get this back on topic (sorta)..., Jonas - do you think you'd censor all spiders from appearing in games if given the power to do so? LOL
No, just most of them. There's this game, Spider, for the iPhone, where you play a spider who has to spin webs in a mansion to catch flies and unlock the next level. I think that looks really nice, and I'd like to play it (alas, I have no iPhone), but then the spider graphic is 2D and has fairly unrealistic animations, so that's probably why it doesn't scare me.
(may I direct you to Deadly Creatures for the Wii....?)
I would actually quite like to try that out. If nothing else, then just to see if I could actually play it, or if it'd freak me out too much.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Jonas wrote:
teknikal wrote:I feel sorry for all the ones that die needlessly because of that.
It isn't needless. There is a definite need. Their deaths are critical to my mental well-being.
But even the dead ones harm your mental well being.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

And dead ones only look a quarter of the size of live ones. >:D
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

chris the cynic wrote:But even the dead ones harm your mental well being.
Which is why they must be flushed down the toilet immediately after their swift murder.
bobby 55 wrote:And dead ones only look a quarter of the size of live ones. >:D
That would be a plus though. Big spiders are decidedly worse than small spiders.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine