Mr. Cyberpunk & Pals hijack a topic to discuss Game Censorship

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Mr. Cyberpunk & Pals hijack a topic to discuss Game Censorship

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Jonas wrote:More accurately, there are laws for not developing games in Germany. Or rather not being allowed to, if they're violent.
Besides, I'm 100% all of my games will get banned in Germany.

I like to write a lot of interesting stories about the Teutonic Knights-- and well a lot of German's would get pissed with me for what I write :D I mean I try to look at it objectively since they DID kill a lot of people- on the other hand they're just cool ;) (See novel A Knights Tale for reasons why).

That and yeah the excessive violence. Damn Germans.. their whole culture's history is built on warfare- just because some stupid Austrian invades Poland now suddenly its illegal to write anything that might "incite" violence or racism.

I guess that means Germans must be hell gullible people to fall for the same propaganda and rhetoric twice lol..

Well there goes Germany from my list of potential customers.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: The Latest - State of the project

Post by Jonas »

Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

It's a shame the BBFC still bans games, luckily it's only happened twice in the past 10 or so years (Carmageddon and Manhunt 2), but still. At least that authority has been taken away from them now.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I guess the sales of the WII Sexy Poker wouldn't be much here at the moment being winter and of course if it wasn't banned.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Well that's the R18 issue there and I'm aware it could be a case my own games get banned in my own country.. but this would be ideal because it'd then suggest to the politicians that the laws now have to be changed in favor of local industry.

Presently South Australia is the only state that opposes the R18 bill because our politicians feel they have no one to challenge them on the issue.. but that'd change in a second once an R18 game developer opened up in their own backyard.
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Well that's the R18 issue there and I'm aware it could be a case my own games get banned in my own country.. but this would be ideal because it'd then suggest to the politicians that the laws now have to be changed in favor of local industry.

Presently South Australia is the only state that opposes the R18 bill because our politicians feel they have no one to challenge them on the issue.. but that'd change in a second once an R18 game developer opened up in their own backyard.
Yeah, it sucks. But we'll struggle through it. Stupid Attorney-General...
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Every time I go past Croydon I want to stop off and just hit him with a newspaper and say "NO.. BAD ATKINSON"

I don't live too far away from old man Atkinson. Plus everyone in Adelaide hates him.. He's a conservative nazi. He's only against the bill because it makes him look good infront of all the idiot conservatives here in Adelaide so he can get re-elected. If it wasn't for him getting in the way and abusing his power the bill would pass.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

I wish they didn't cut the content out of games, it ruins them from what the creators originally intended.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Xesum wrote:I wish they didn't cut the content out of games, it ruins them from what the creators originally intended.
Buy the game, then pirate it, letting you play the version the developers intended. I pity countries where games get banned and edited because of retards being in charge.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Buy the game, then pirate it, letting you play the version the developers intended. I pity countries where games get banned and edited because of retards being in charge.
actually we've already found a legit way around it, all the gamers in Australia (especially Adelaide) got together and came up with a solution, if a game gets banned in Australia we usually import the game legally from another country (often China due to the corruptness of their government.. so its easy to get it past customs).

Its illegal to import RC DVDs, Games and Music into Australia- but so far I don't think anyone's gone to jail for it or even been fined.. I think its more an issue when you go to sell it on the streets. The fact is though its a legitimate purchase and its impossible to detect because customs people don't bother checking it- as they're too busy looking for drugs and insects (need I remind everyone that Australia has the toughest customs and quarantine in the world. You'd be surprised at what gets banned. I've seen computers been taken from people because it reported positive to a particular insect.. LOL well that's what happens when you don't maintain your PC.)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:I've seen computers been taken from people because it reported positive to a particular insect.
"Confiscated: too many bugs."

"God damn it I knew I shouldn't have upgraded to Vista!!"
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:
Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:I've seen computers been taken from people because it reported positive to a particular insect.
"Confiscated: too many bugs."

"God damn it I knew I shouldn't have upgraded to Vista!!"
Hahaha!i think i'll wait 'til the make Windows 25.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

No its because insects have literally gone into the system had had babies :D. I remember years ago I had a colony of spiders living in my keyboard.. fun times /sarcasm
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

That sounds scary, at least Australian spiders. The worst I've had is harmless insects living in old salvaged PC cases.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

justanotherfan wrote:That sounds scary, at least Australian spiders. The worst I've had is harmless insects living in old salvaged PC cases.
Yeh man, Redbacks ,Trapdoors, Funnel Webs.........aaaggghhhhh!Now i'm arachnophobic.