Check it out! - .:[Matt's Blog]:.

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Check it out! - .:[Matt's Blog]:.

Post by Master_Kale »

Well, I've completed the first version of my blog, and the entire system is made FROM SCRATCH!! I needed a big project to work on, and I thought that giving my half-done LiveJournal system an overhaul was the perfect thing. I had a lot of fun working on it, and I learned so many new techniques and code, some of which I'll implement here on the HDTP site ;)

Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.kalenetwebdesign.com/mattsblog/index.php

Creating this blog was mostly a test to see if:

a) I could make a blog system from scratch

and

b) I could create a page layout that was heavily dependent on CSS rather than hard-code or tables

Overall, I think I've succeeded. Comments work wonderfully, and after 5 posts, there'll be auto-created links to see past posts. As for the layout, its all divs with styles attached to them, so making changes to the layout is fairly painless.

The blog is a little boring now, but I'm going to add some affiliates and links on the right hand side. Check it out, and let me know what you think, please :D
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Looking good... well... technically that is, I don't really like the style ;)
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

EER wrote:Looking good... well... technically that is, I don't really like the style ;)
Ooh, some criticism! :P

So, what about the layout don't you like? I'm seriously curious, my layouts are always basic-looking, but I want specifics!
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Too bright imho. I think if you had exactly the same website with a black background and blue instead of the yellow, it would be better looking (for my taste that is, my sister likes the yellow though).

And why can't I just abuse your poor server? :cry: