Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: HDTP beta

Post by Cybernetic pig »

EDIT: No need.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I suggest you redownload everything, since beta02 has never contained only one file. I've just downloaded beta02 here at work to check, and it contains HDTPdecos, HDTPCharacters and HDTPItems. HDTPitems is also definitely the latest (22 dec) version.

I honestly don't know how it's happened, but essentially you don't seem to have any of the new stuff except deusex.u, which would presumably be why deusex.u is having problems locating new stuff.
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

It all works now. For some reason, either Google Docs gave me the wrong file for Beta 2, or I suck at downloading.

Thanks again for the help
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

Great release!
Last edited by AdamJensen on Wed May 15, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

Hi! Community!

On my French Deus Ex topic I was asked if the "MJ12 soldier issue" was settled with the current version of HDTP.

I know how to solve the problem (unckeck the MJ12 Soldier model in Kentje Launcher).

So should we use the above solution for the time being, or did you update HDTP Beta?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. :mrgreen:
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
DDL

Post by DDL »

The problem is it's an animation issue, and thus wholly outside my "domain of useful skills".
Akerfeldt is the guy who managed to get most of the character anims working, so he'd probably be the best bet to chase up. I was kinda hoping he'd swing by here, but I guess I should probably try poking him over email.

So no, it's not fixed, and unchecking MJ12Troop is still the best option. I've left the MJ12 troop in just so people can see what it's like, to be honest.
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Anyway a Beta's purpose is just to work out those kind of things I guess. No stress, take your time fast :mrgreen:

I've edited the first post of my frog thread to keep people informed:

Deus Ex: Tout est bon dans le Denton: http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/35766 ... -Denton%21
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

CrocMagnum wrote: I've edited the first post of my frog thread to keep people informed:
I ran that through the Google Translator. While it's a little weird, I get the gist of most of it. Very thorough and well done. One help (a little bit publicity whorish though) can be the walkthrough videos I put here. I don't know if your audience can access them, but you can always link to them at specific times when you talk about specific points of each of these things. While the quality of them are bad at times (mainly the flicker! Really couldn't find anything that worked better though without sinking a ton of money into it), they'll work in helping people through to complete the things on most all of the well-known mods besides The Nameless Mod and 2027.
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

What? Don't tell me you went through that long-winded post, ggrotz? :mrgreen:

And with Google Translate no less? (funky translations sometimes). Thanks for the compliment.

So you're the elusive Youtuber DHalix232. I've watched your vids before. I can't believe you went through the hassle of recording so much... You'll hardly find a walkthrough for Redsun 2020 for instance.

Don't worry I'll edit my post an talk about it. \o/

Note: sorry for the off-topic.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

I just feel the need to point out that it's not via Kentie's launcher you disable the MJ12 soldiers, but via the in-game menu option HDTP Settings.
CrocMagnum wrote:Note: sorry for the off-topic.
This is Off Topic Productions after all. :P
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:I just feel the need to point out that it's not via Kentie's launcher you disable the MJ12 soldiers, but via the in-game menu option HDTP Settings...
I was just advised by a canardpc member about it. I just keep editing the d**n post. Man I swear it has no end... ](*,)
This is Off Topic Productions after all. :P
I wanted to jest about it myself but thought the joke could have been overused down these parts... :mrgreen:
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

CrocMagnum wrote:I can't believe you went through the hassle of recording so much... You'll hardly find a walkthrough for Redsun 2020 for instance.
That's why. Was noticing the lack of that kind of stuff and I could do it so I did.
CrocMagnum wrote: Don't worry I'll edit my post an talk about it. \o/
Thanks. Hopefully the awareness of that stuff being out there will help others that may have come to Deus Ex later to find those mods and see them through. Especially since it's downright hard to find answers to a lot of the questions one would have from such mods since Planet Deus Ex got bombed out.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

You did a walkthrough on Redsun 2020? Man that's amazing, I played it a while back and got stuck somewhere, and that was pretty much the end of it because there were no walkthroughs available. Great way to help others out :)
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

gamer0004 wrote:You did a walkthrough on Redsun 2020? Man that's amazing, I played it a while back and got stuck somewhere, and that was pretty much the end of it because there were no walkthroughs available. Great way to help others out :)
An interesting side note on Redsun2020 that got answered for me by playing it with the HDTP beta: You know why the standard pistol goes silent after a while? It's actually not a bug. You can actually find a regular pistol with the silencer mod on it one time somewhere in the Kurokuma hideouts (I'd have to go back and play it again to find out exactly where). It wasn't obvious because it's not a stock option, but with the HDTP beta it actually draws the silencer part and you can see it when you pick it up and when you use it.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

EDIT: I'm pointing this out because there are people who have talked about the gun going silent being a bug in the past.
Last edited by ggrotz on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

ggrotz wrote:
gamer0004 wrote:You did a walkthrough on Redsun 2020? Man that's amazing, I played it a while back and got stuck somewhere, and that was pretty much the end of it because there were no walkthroughs available. Great way to help others out :)
An interesting side note on Redsun2020 that got answered for me by playing it with the HDTP beta: You know why the standard pistol goes silent after a while? It's actually not a bug. You can actually find a regular pistol with the silencer mod on it one time somewhere in the Kurokuma hideouts (I'd have to go back and play it again to find out exactly where). It wasn't obvious because it's not a stock option, but with the HDTP beta it actually draws the silencer part and you can see it when you pick it up and when you use it.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Doesnt shifter also enable the silencer on the standard pistol? If so, then this should work there too

awesome