Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re: HDTP beta

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

At least until Y|yukichigai is done updating Shifter. Seems to me that he is almost done with that anyway, so you might just want to stick around a little for that.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:At least until Y|yukichigai is done updating Shifter. Seems to me that he is almost done with that anyway, so you might just want to stick around a little for that.
Working on it. I just need to figure out how I'm going to address the MJ12 bug.

Also I added a new feature: lootable containers. I'm sick of trash cans that you have to smash open like some kind of neanderthal when there's a freakin' lid that you can open.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Well you could just leave the MJ12 trooper disabled completely, until DDL/Akerfeldt has fixed that.

Also, what about the system for petting cats? :D
A Future Pilot
Mole Person

Post by A Future Pilot »

What kind of unresolved bugs are present in the original game?
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

A Future Pilot wrote:What kind of unresolved bugs are present in the original game?
This thread has a good summary of a bunch of them. WARNING: possible spoilers. The game is complicated enough that the mentions there shouldn't spoil much, but it can still happen.
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

Another thing of note: the scope view with the new textures seems to be of a decidedly wider aperture than stock. Is that on purpose or did I just mess up on math?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Y|yukichigai wrote:Another thing of note: the scope view with the new textures seems to be of a decidedly wider aperture than stock. Is that on purpose or did I just mess up on math?
It probably is - the problem with the original scope with the higher resolutions is that it gets so tiny that you can't find anything once you zoom. That said the HDTP scope change is wonderful and hopefully is a considered change in any kind of bug fix/update effort.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Just because...
Screen shot comparison - Vanilla scope on left, new HDTP scope on right
Screen shot comparison - Vanilla scope on left, new HDTP scope on right
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

Alright, that's more or less the difference I've been seeing. Intentional then. Yay.

I may alter the default to match, actually. Provided I can math right.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

ggrotz wrote:
Y|yukichigai wrote:Another thing of note: the scope view with the new textures seems to be of a decidedly wider aperture than stock. Is that on purpose or did I just mess up on math?
It probably is - the problem with the original scope with the higher resolutions is that it gets so tiny that you can't find anything once you zoom. That said the HDTP scope change is wonderful and hopefully is a considered change in any kind of bug fix/update effort.
Honestly, any scope texture should be drawn stretched in order to compensate for differences in resolution. I'm not sure why the original game didn't do this. As it is, no matter which texture you use, higher resolution means you see less while zoomed in.
A Future Pilot
Mole Person

Post by A Future Pilot »

OK, so a couple more questions...

1. Is Deus Ex 2.0 patch dead? Is it compatible with HDTP?

2. I know that the reason Human Renovation is incompatible is cause they both replace the same file. Why? And is there any way to make a separate "compatibility patch" or some-such? If I just did a diff-merge on the files (with some supervision of course) would it work?

Thanks!
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

DX2.0 is very much NOT dead. I am just considering working on it after I push this latest version of Shifter out.

Sadly, DX2.0 isn't compatible with HDTP. However, once we get a stable release of DX2.0 there's no reason HDTP couldn't use that as a base for its own overridden DeusEx.u files. That's up to DDL et al though.
A Future Pilot
Mole Person

Post by A Future Pilot »

What are the big differences in Human Renovation and Deus Ex 2.0? Does HuRen change more?

Thanks again!
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Y|yukichigai wrote:DX2.0 is very much NOT dead. I am just considering working on it after I push this latest version of Shifter out.

Sadly, DX2.0 isn't compatible with HDTP. However, once we get a stable release of DX2.0 there's no reason HDTP couldn't use that as a base for its own overridden DeusEx.u files. That's up to DDL et al though.

Glad to hear. Also if "all" DeusEx.u mods were to be based on DX 2.0 instead of vanilla code a lot of incompatibilities would go away. Instead of having to choose between HDTP and bug fixes, or one awesome mod and bug fixes you would always get bug fixes! :)
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

My plan for HDTP has always been to modify as little code as possible, which for me means modding vanilla DX only.

If I start modding a modded (and indeed, still in progress) core code pack, tracking changes becomes a nightmare.

(plus of course, one man's exploit/bug/problem is another man's awesome feature -at least with the current approach I'm not required to make any personal judgement calls)