It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:13 pm


Forum rules


Please do not feed the trolls.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul 
Author Message
X-51

Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:55 am
Posts: 772
Post Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul
Since I got permission from the relevant parties, as requested in the other thread, I have done and uploaded an installer which packages HDTP Release 3 with New Vision 1.5.

Note this is nothing patently "official" for either project, but just something I'm doing since it was requested.

http://www.moddb.com/games/deus-ex/down ... c-overhaul

It has the renderers and settings and all the other stuff that's in the HDTP Release 3 package, so if one chooses, they should just be able to install this and get all the needed graphics enhancements in one shot.

Enjoy.

_________________
You can find my Deus Ex Loader here. | HDTP Beta 3


Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:12 pm
Profile
UNATCO

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:24 am
Posts: 283
Location: Sweden
Post Re: Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul
Hello!

After a long time I finally decided the day to play Deus Ex came and I was looking forward to use your Installer to make things easier but I fear something is not right.

I will document here step by step what I have done and what the issues are.

I have the GOTY edition (Premier Collection) and it installs fine on Windows 7 64 bit.

I run to see that everything works and it seems to do so (only tested with the Tutorial).

I then run the Installer and I choose: Create a Desktop Icon, Kentie's Direct X10 R28 and OTP User Interface Scaling Fix.

The installer completes its installation and in the menu bar I now have Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul but no Desktop Icon is created. The Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul menu does not contain any link that would start the game but only two webpage links and a link for uninstalling itself.

So to start the game, I must run the original Deus.exe file that came with the game. The graphic update seems to be there, truth to be told. But there is no way for me to understand whether or not things are right, since the installer failed to provide a new Deus.exe file (Kentie's?) and, consistently, a link to it (because there is not any file to link to?). Perhaps I am mistaken but wasn't a launcher supposed to ship with Total Graphics Overhaul? I am asking because, for instance, I realized I can only use nVidia 3D Vision if I select the Direct 3D9 renderer so, once I run the installer and choose a renderer, how do I switch back?

I thought it might be a problem with my own computer but I have Administrator privileges and UAC disabled just to make sure Windows 7 won't take matters in its own hand against my wishes.

Any advice?

Thanks!


Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:23 pm
Profile
Mole Person

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:14 am
Posts: 1
Post Re: Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul
Salk wrote:
Hello!

the installer failed to provide a new Deus.exe file (Kentie's?) and, consistently, a link to it (because there is not any file to link to?). Perhaps I am mistaken but wasn't a launcher supposed to ship with Total Graphics Overhaul?


there should be one now? there is for me anyway, and the installer should even link it up to the mods for you which is quite nice.

@ggrotz
could you please update the deusexe and opengl driver version? if not you could provide me the original code and i'll happily update it myself


Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:48 am
Profile
Silhouette

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 510
Post Re: Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul
Alright boys trying this shit OUT. Let's see how it goes.


Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:02 am
Profile
Silhouette

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 510
Post Re: Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul
Let it be known far and wide that it worked.


Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:28 am
Profile
X-51

Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:55 am
Posts: 772
Post Re: Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul
I know this is been a while, but I've been offline for a long time. Still don't have a good connection to play with a lot, but it is what it is.

Salk wrote:
The installer completes its installation and in the menu bar I now have Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul but no Desktop Icon is created. The Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul menu does not contain any link that would start the game but only two webpage links and a link for uninstalling itself.
So to start the game, I must run the original Deus.exe file that came with the game.


This is by design. There's really no EXE directly associated with either project. The original HDTP installer (rel 1) had this, but at one point I saw it was just duplicating what was already there, so I just pulled it. There should be two web links and the uninstaller link.

Salk wrote:
But there is no way for me to understand whether or not things are right


If the graphical changes are present in the game then it's right.

Salk wrote:
since the installer failed to provide a new Deus.exe file (Kentie's?) and, consistently, a link to it (because there is not any file to link to?). Perhaps I am mistaken but wasn't a launcher supposed to ship with Total Graphics Overhaul?


The version of Kentie's launcher is there as an option if you check it. It probably was on the bottom of the menu and you had to scroll to see it.

Salk wrote:
I can only use nVidia 3D Vision if I select the Direct 3D9 renderer so, once I run the installer and choose a renderer, how do I switch back?


The installer puts D3D9, D3D10, and OpenGL onto the system unconditionally. The menu option for renderer in the installer is selecting the one you want to run. So any method to set the renderer in DEUSEX.INI (text edit, Kentie's launcher, my launcher) will do it. Worst case that will work, you can rerun the installer and select D3D9 and you'll get what you want.

lyciathelycanroc wrote:
could you please update the deusexe and opengl driver version? if not you could provide me the original code and i'll happily update it myself


The widest use Kentie EXE compatible with Windows XP was deliberately packaged as opposed to the most current version, so the EXE would run on everything. Compatibility sake and all that. As for the OpenGL driver, the most up-to-date one I'm aware of to this date was packaged in the file.

_________________
You can find my Deus Ex Loader here. | HDTP Beta 3


Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:39 pm
Profile
UNATCO

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:24 am
Posts: 283
Location: Sweden
Post Re: Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul
Hello ggrotz!

And thanks for the reply.

Since that day I posted much has changed and now I am going to play the game with the GMDX modification because it is honestly the best possible way, in my opinion, to play Deus Ex.

It is nice to see you again though.

Belated happy new year!

Cheers!


Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:10 pm
Profile
Silhouette

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 510
Post Re: Deus Ex: Total Graphics Overhaul
So I have a few questions:

How do I change the POV? Everything looks zoomed in. And how do I also fix the fact that all the UI elements are really small?


Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:04 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.