Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Tricky
Thug

Why does Gunther look so different?

Post by Tricky »

I'm curious. You seem to have retained a sense original style for the characters you remodelled and retextured. Major plus there. For the agents that's a blue/black type of policey look. That's good. But Gunther on the other hand now looks military green? I'm not saying it doesn't look good on him, but I do wonder what decision brought about the change. He looks more like the grunts now. You have to admit that at least it kind of violates UNATCO agent dress code. ;)
Fragbait
NSF

Post by Fragbait »

Gunther's still blue, if you were looking at that ModDB video of him I think the color looked a bit off there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX-yCVe_vko is the way he looks normally.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

I fixed this ages ago, the argument was very very bad so I fixed it out of frustration to shut everyone up and phas used my colour scheme on the texture. Now lets burry this crap once and for all :D.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Oh for the love of God - seriously - PLEASE make sure you check out old threads first before posting - it will save you a lot of hassle and embarrassment - cheers.
Tricky
Thug

Post by Tricky »

Better do something about that screenshot then. I am not the only one wasting valuable internet space, am I? :)
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Zing!

HDTP was to be released soon, so new screenshots have seemed less necessary. Akerfeldt of DXR is now working on animating AlexD's textures, so it may take longer (?) to be more complete.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

I'm getting really annoyed with these constant requests for either "new screenshots" or "release now".
Fragbait
NSF

Post by Fragbait »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:I'm getting really annoyed with these constant requests for either "new screenshots" or "release now".
It's because in this day and age we are spoiled by sites such as http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html, with daily weekday updates on game features. :P

Also he's new here.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Or TNM.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

if you haven't noticed though, lately the smash bros updates are getting a tadd "oh X character can do X move.. how cool".. Like I give a crap! I just want to see more characters :D
Michael_TSM
NSF

Post by Michael_TSM »

Everybody likes a news update, and you can imagine how ravenous Deus Ex fans have been getting in the past few years for news...of anything.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

You will get said news update when we have a new batch of work to show off. If you want to see wire frames and some colour squares then be my guest because were all still working on this stuff.

You can't show what you ain't got sweetheart ;)
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I made new flares, mostly for myself..but if you think they're ok, I can code them into HDTP with little effort.

They have little twist-off caps so when you throw them a cap flies off too. Apparently signal flares do this..who knew? :p

Not sure how much you'll like my "deliberately barely readable" safety warnings and the like, but given the surgeon general's warning on the cigarettes, I suspect we're all putting our little personal touches into our stuff... :D
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

OH MY GOD INEED THIS!

DDL you rock dude :D I adore those cute little side projects of yours ;) and yes please they are fabulous :D

I should have a massive batch for you in the next couple of weeks we have great progress on the weapons - they are being textured and animated simultaneously as we speak.

Thank you ^_^
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

DDL wrote:Really Bitchin' Flares
Can you take a screencast of you igniting a flare, and then a couple seconds of one burning please? I'm really curious to see what degree of awesome they deserve :P