Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

yep, always my fault.. lol.. *rolls eyes*

anyway, Phasmatis, since I better address you directly because others think they need to interject for some reason: Since not all animations are created yet I hope you can take advantage and improve upon something. Have you noticed in DeusEx, how when an NPC is crouched (and they tend to crouch a whole lot when they fire at you) they fire say an assaultshotgun like its a pistol? In the playstation version of deusex they animated it so the character continues to hold the weapon with two hands in the crouched attack animation. That would be pretty nicely done if that transfered over in HDTP.
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

If I remember correctly, there is only one crouchshoot sequence so they would use two hands for the pistol and other one handed weapons as well but I'm not sure, if there is a 2hcrouchshoot, I probably did change it so they fired a two handed weapons correctly, I tried to fix the inconstancies as much as possible. :)
Last edited by Phasmatis on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Phasmatis wrote:If I remember correctly, there is only one crouchshoot sequence so they would use two hands for the pistol and other one handed weapons as well but I'm not sure
I reckon if you actually feel like improve the way certain animations work, it shouldn't be too hard to find somebody willing to code up the change. Coding is a bitch, but animating is so much more of a bitch.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Phasmatis wrote:If I remember correctly, there is only one crouchshoot sequence so they would use two hands for the pistol and other one handed weapons as well but I'm not sure, if there is a 2hcrouchshoot, I probably did change it so they fired a two handed weapons correctly, I tried to fix the inconstancies as much as possible. :)
aww, ok that's cool. I could have sworn I saw something like "crouchshootH" or something in the animation sequence. Well, at least you can say you tried
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Jonas wrote:
Phasmatis wrote:If I remember correctly, there is only one crouchshoot sequence so they would use two hands for the pistol and other one handed weapons as well but I'm not sure
I reckon if you actually feel like improve the way certain animations work, it shouldn't be too hard to find somebody willing to code up the change. Coding is a bitch, but animating is so much more of a bitch.
Aye, there's a ton of code already in place for playing runshoot1H or runshoot2h etc etc etc, so even I could code that in.

But it's a bit of an arse for Phas.

Also, crouchshooting gangsta-style UNATCO troops is SO iconic DX.
Taskeen
Thug

Post by Taskeen »

justanotherfan wrote:Animating for DX is incredibly difficult. The mod will be the best it can be. Gunther's released animations were a work-in-progress, so things have changed since then and may change again later.
I don't visit these forums often enough to understand this issue. I mean I really, REALLY hope the new models for characters will make it in somehow. That's one of the reasons I became so interested in this mod after seeing the new JC Denton. With the animations, why are new ones needed if they are so difficult to make? Is it not possible to "paste" or copy the older model's animations over (or should I say "within") the new models?
Last edited by Taskeen on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Taskeen wrote:With the animations, why are new ones needed if they are so difficult to make? Is it not possible to paste the older model's animations with the new ones?
No, that is exactly the problem.

You guys need to make an FAQ about this.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Taskeen
Thug

Post by Taskeen »

Jonas wrote:
Taskeen wrote:With the animations, why are new ones needed if they are so difficult to make? Is it not possible to paste the older model's animations with the new ones?
No, that is exactly the problem.

You guys need to make an FAQ about this.
Ah. Well at least I understand why now. I simply thought it was an issue of improving for the sake of improvement.

There is also this:

viewtopic.php?t=1280

... which leads me to believe there is at least some kind of possibility.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

There is indeed :D
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine