Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Kee715
Illuminati

Is there a planned release date yet?

Post by Kee715 »

Is there? Or at least a specific month that y'all plan to release in? I know you can't rush perfection, but about how much longer is perfection going to take? I know HDTP is going to be great, but it seems as though it should be close to done. Sorry if I sound impatient (I am impatient but have no choice but to wait.) but with how great HDTP is going to make the models in DX look (And the fact that there are waaaaay too many dead DX mods out there.) I guess it's understandable for me to be impatient.
EER
Illuminati

Re: Is there a planned release date yet?

Post by EER »

Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

So I should expect to see it soon? That's what the text would imply anyway...
Taskeen
Thug

Post by Taskeen »

Perhaps.
blk
Mole Person

Post by blk »

chloe, i need it now !
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

who the hell is Chloe?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Isn't she from LBA2?
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

What I am wondering is why the shear number of dead DX mods makes him impatient? Just have a little patience. TNM will be released before you know it, and I am sure that that will cut off your whining for at least awhile. Besides we all are having to wait for mods, and if Black Mesa releases soon which is what it is beginning to look like, I know I am going to have something to take my mind off of the break.

In all my advice is to just go on a download spree and DL any mod that sounds good for the games you have. (really easy to do if you have any of the HL games)

Just live with the confidence that in all probability, it will release before DNF ^^

P.S. I too would like to know who this Chloe is
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Based on what was said in another thread, I'm guessing someone from the show 24.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

m3rc1l3ss wrote:What I am wondering is why the shear number of dead DX mods makes him impatient? Just have a little patience. TNM will be released before you know it, and I am sure that that will cut off your whining for at least awhile. Besides we all are having to wait for mods, and if Black Mesa releases soon which is what it is beginning to look like, I know I am going to have something to take my mind off of the break.

In all my advice is to just go on a download spree and DL any mod that sounds good for the games you have. (really easy to do if you have any of the HL games)

Just live with the confidence that in all probability, it will release before DNF ^^

P.S. I too would like to know who this Chloe is
1. To see that a mod for DX is going to be finished makes me impatient, too many dead ones makes a released one more of a time to celebrate.

2. Black Mesa looks great, but I fear that I won't be able to download/run it, I can only download stuff from 1-6am at 128kbps, and even if I download it I'm nit sure I can run it, the best graphics cards here is an nVidia GeForce 8400 :(

3. I can't do multiplayer due to an average latency of 600-700, and I can't download anything bigger than 20mb before 1am, lest the internet be cut off for 24 hours, Single Player mods aren't as common as multiplayer ones so that's a lot of mods that I can't play :(

4. I think Duke Nukem Forever isn't going to happen, I am awaiting Serious Sam III (DNF equivelant that will) happen.

5. Who the **** is Chloe!?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Chloe is one of the characters from 24 - the female computer geek.

Kee715: If you love mods that much and you can't afford to upgrade your internet, perhaps you should invest in a subscription for a game magazine with a good cover disc?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

I love mods so much because there isn't much to do around here, I can watch re-runs on TV, play onj the PS3, but it will overheat if used too much and then that will be gone, plus my mom wants to watch re-runs on TV sometimes, and then I can play on the PC and mods are what keeps me from asking my mom for more games because all my current ones have become boring at the moment. And I wish we could get a new ISP, but we're about 4 miles too far away from being able to get cable :( , plus Verizon gives us phone service but won't give us internet >:( , plus even if we could get a better internet we have to wait for summer or we get vharged $500! I HATE HUGHESNET!!!!! >:( Anyway I don't think my mom would get a subscription to a gaming magazine, she just got us a PS3 and she probaly doesn't want to get us much else for a while. Fortunately I use FireFox + Down Them All! so I can pause the download, I'm still unclear as to wether or not I can run Black Mesa though, I am, however, fairly certain I can handle TNM (:D YAY!!).
----K2----
Mole Person

Post by ----K2---- »

Do you know how big this release will be (approximately) ?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Last I heard it's HUGE. I vaguely remember reading something from Metche saying something ~1GB (may be more, may be less, I'm not sure).
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Luckily I have no cares about the size, as I know I will be using my desktop due to the great lack of power on the laptop. (Woot for not needing to clean up hard drive space)

Personally I don't care about the hdtp release date. The date I care about is the day when both NV and HDTP are out, as it just will not look right with awesome models with dated surroundings. I see it as kind of hard to have one and not the other, but despite this, I am sure I will end up doing a play through with just HDTP (allowing that it beats NV to completion) Though I must admit, better weapon models would definitely improve the experience with or without the upgraded textures
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...