Just so you know

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
joninthout

Just so you know

Post by joninthout »

I have never contributed anything valuable to society. I don't even understand the concept of creative work. I have wasted my life. I am a failure as a human being :cry:
Last edited by joninthout on Tue May 26, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlySpy
UNATCO

Re: Just so you know

Post by SlySpy »

Anyone been noticing a pattern over the past couple of days?
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

SlySpy wrote:Anyone been noticing a pattern over the past couple of days?
Hey SlySpy maybe we should tag team the dude, like we did to the last poor idiot! :lol:
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
SlySpy
UNATCO

Post by SlySpy »

I'm down for it, though I'm thinking this may be the same poor idiot.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

SlySpy wrote:I'm down for it, though I'm thinking this may be the same poor idiot.
Jonas swears he's exterminated the Crazy James dude... that foul speaking idiot box. Although anyone that creeps up resembling him or with the same one brain celled attitude I'm game for some tag team with ya!
Nameless Voice
UNATCO

Post by Nameless Voice »

Perhaps it's a new form of spammer, which analyses recent forum posts and makes similar posts with random links in them?

I'm vaguely curious how long it took after the demo before people started pronouncing HDTP dead?

I got away with about two years between the demo of my Thief EP and actually releasing something concrete, and I don't recall any "This project is dead, it's all just vapourware!" posts - at least no serious ones. I guess the forum was less exposed.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

joninthout wrote:I have never contributed anything valuable to society. I don't even understand the concept of creative work. I have wasted my life. I am a failure as a human being :cry:
That's very honest of you. You know, admitting that you have a problem is the first step towards recovery. Perhaps now that you've got it out of your system, you can turn your life around and start doing something useful with your time?

It's weird, I could've sworn you'd posted some sort of weird advertisement for web services before, but when I looked again, it was gone. I must've imagined it :mrgreen:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Storm
UNATCO

Post by Storm »

Jonas wrote:
joninthout wrote:I have never contributed anything valuable to society. I don't even understand the concept of creative work. I have wasted my life. I am a failure as a human being :cry:
That's very honest of you. You know, admitting that you have a problem is the first step towards recovery. Perhaps now that you've got it out of your system, you can turn your life around and start doing something useful with your time?

It's weird, I could've sworn you'd posted some sort of weird advertisement for web services before, but when I looked again, it was gone. I must've imagined it :mrgreen:
heheh :lol:
When the remarkable becomes bizarre, reason turns rancid.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Summer vacation. The kids have too much free time now.

I made a long reply to one of the stupidly angry posts, and didn't post it when I realized it would just waste more of HDTP's time. I don't know how modders have the patience. I wouldn't release anything to an unappreciative community, except maybe enraged swans and diseased mosquitoes, except Bill Gates already did the malaria mosquitoes in February. This forum needs a rule that tells these people to shut up prefacing every page.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

justanotherfan wrote:Summer vacation. The kids have too much free time now.

I made a long reply to one of the stupidly angry posts, and didn't post it when I realized it would just waste more of HDTP's time. I don't know how modders have the patience. I wouldn't release anything to an unappreciative community, except maybe enraged swans and diseased mosquitoes, except Bill Gates already did the malaria mosquitoes in February. This forum needs a rule that tells these people to shut up prefacing every page.
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh I'll second that yet again.... People shouldn't complain about something they are getting for free!
Nameless Voice
UNATCO

Post by Nameless Voice »

The amount of undeserved complaining and insulting that's been going on here lately is crazy, but I also think you can go too far the other way. I don't like the attitude where people say you can't complain about something because it's free, because then you'll end up with a culture where everyone can only say how brilliant everything is, and the people making the mods will never know what they did wrong and what could be improved because no one dares criticise them.

(I'm talking in general here, not about HTDP. Your mileage may vary.)
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Nameless Voice wrote:I don't like the attitude where people say you can't complain about something because it's free..
(I'm talking in general here, not about HTDP)
Oh, very true. I hate that especially in open source projects. Authors sometimes only address their own needs, and see other people's ideas as personal attacks. The usual one is "Ok, you write a program to do that then"; HDTP uses that too, but so far only in reply to people who don't know how to organize a mod and demand HDTP be organized differently. Right now, it's not HDTP members being unreasonable. HDTP has been very open in considering opinions, especially when it came to the important characters. I like constructive criticism. Complaining can get redundant, offensive, and aggressive. I hope that other people who want to play using the HDTP work will make their suggestions politely once, and try to accept the answer. The preface above this page threatens that they could lose patience, and though I see that for what it is, it annoys me to think that this angry complaining is wasting HDTP's time and making them think less of their fans. I want to play with Deus Ex in high definition, not with enraged diseased swans.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

God Damn World Corp still at it!
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.