Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
purple_chronic
Mole Person

Comedy angry internet man spam thread #1

Post by purple_chronic »

Seriously what the fuck is the point of this mod in 2009 when DX3 is on the way why the fuck woud anyone want to play the same game over andover again . Or, in fact, register to post on a forum essentially dedicated to said game. It's inexplicable. Also, despite my disparaging comments, I apparently give enough of a shit about DX to post here. Remarkable. Have I answered my own question? Gosh, I think I have.

Are you adding any new levels ? if not what a fucking waste of time #-o
Fledge
Thug

Re: Seriously what the fuck is the point of this mod in 2009

Post by Fledge »

You have no idea what you've just done. Prepare for shitstorm.
purple_chronic
Mole Person

Post by purple_chronic »

What the fuck are you bitching about i only asked a fucking question.
s0791828
Mole Person

Post by s0791828 »

You don't like it? Then fuck off.
SHodges
Thug

Post by SHodges »

Deus Ex 3 is a colossal piece of shit. People would prefer to play the same game over and over again because they haven't undergone the lobotomy required to find something to like in that vapid, trend-chasing piece of shit.

Although this mod doesn't really have a point anyways, since the whole thing is basically a hoax. People who are supposedly working on the project come through here every once in a while and pretend to be working on something ("it's still coming guys, we're doing a bunch of awesome stuff that we can't show you yet!") so that their fanboy squad will continue to blow them, but nothing is really being done. Best case scenario, we'll get a release with exposed-cleavage Anna Navarre, most realistic scenario, that preview release is all you'll ever see until somebody does Deus Ex: Source.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Deus Ex is a great game. It's the favourite of many. It has what game reviewers call "replayability", so you can enjoy more than one play through. HDTP improves the experience of playing again.

Other mods are adding new levels. HDTP improves those mods.

These are good and valid reasons for HDTP. There are more.

I realize the chronically purple is a troll.
encinodude
NSF

Post by encinodude »

I like to think of Deus Ex as the Chrono Trigger of PC gaming.

SHodges, your cynicism makes you hardcore and sexually attractive.
voad
Thug

Post by voad »

It's amazing that some people just can't comprehend that this is a user created mod. The people working on this are not being paid, and they have absolutely no reason to cater to you nor do they owe you an answer as to why it isn't done yet. This is all being done in their spare time, so that is potentially in between school, work, family, some form of a social life, maybe other mods, and just life in general. If you don't like it James then leave.

Oh and the fact that DX3 MIGHT be coming out soon has absolutely nothing to do with this mod you imbecile. The purpose of this mod is to clearly update the visuals of Deus Ex to hopefully prolong it's life and help it appeal to new gamers who would otherwise pass it up because of it's dated visuals. Besides, DX3 will suck... maybe even worse than Invisible War did.
SlySpy
UNATCO

Post by SlySpy »

I find this guy to be really funny. He knows he could be banned faster than he could create a new account, so he makes one account a day to make one topic about how HDTP isn't out yet. I know he's just trying to get a rise out of the forum, but it's pretty pathetic. I don't think he has anything better to do.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Naa, DX3 won't suck, they know why IW sucked, so they're not doing that and instead doing what everyone else does and is having regenerating health.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

SlySpy wrote:I find this guy to be really funny. He knows he could be banned faster than he could create a new account, so he makes one account a day to make one topic about how HDTP isn't out yet. I know he's just trying to get a rise out of the forum, but it's pretty pathetic. I don't think he has anything better to do.
He has the smell of Crazy James, but under a different handle... ban him already!
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Did HDTP rape your mother or something?

I find such dedication to re-registering and adding new uninspired messages to the forum of a team that doesn't care about what you say (believe me, it's laughed off) - quite impressive to tell the truth. Why you have such a vendetta is beyond me but, oh well.

Also Revision is adding different maps. Which, in combination with HDTP and New Vision, will look like a whole new game.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

I think he shows the lack of intelligence of the average DX3 fan in a rather effective way.

tl;dr: YOU AND DX3 SUCK.

(sorry, this is the only kind of arguing those guys understand).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well the HDTP team may laugh it off but frankly it's starting to really really piss me off. I'm not even on the goddamn HDTP team and all these inbred trolls are still getting to me. It's giving me a fucking nose-bleed to realise that there are so many undeserving poorly raised entitled worthless retarded asshole brats in the world.

As far as I can tell from this motherfucker's IP, he's not James, but I'm still banning the asshole.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jonas wrote:As far as I can tell from this motherfucker's IP, he's not James, but I'm still banning the asshole.
He may be using a proxy.

I have experience of idiots like this and proxys.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.