Lend me your cycles

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

ALSO: Please can we keep the animations and such like out of the public eye? I'm starting to collect stuff for our media pack i'm going to release soon and i'd very much like to create a set of videos of all the new characters interacting in game. It's something very very special and i'd like it to be kept private until I post the news update ;)

ALSO#2: I will badger Ben to hand over his bot models. They are untextured currently but that shouldn't be a problem for your dept.
Akerfeldt
UNATCO

Post by Akerfeldt »

I am rigging up the last model now, so I will probly set the server up tomorrow. Alert the media.
Placebo
MJ12

Post by Placebo »

“Aooooogha! Aooooogha!”

metche, your avatar reminded me of a funny flash video, but only now i've managed to post it, finally

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... l?id=57062
ImageEvery morning, I meditate about love and peace... I stop after three seconds.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Akerfeldt wrote:I am rigging up the last model now, so I will probly set the server up tomorrow. Alert the media.
I'm waiting right here with both of my comps. Perhaps I can revive some of those old machines down in the basement. :)
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Yes... Yes...power... Yes... more power... You will go to the basement there you will find some old PCs. Set them up and come back here...Yes...and together we shall render our systems.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Wee, I can test out my new computer :) Although the processor speed's all wrong at the moment...but it should be faster.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

News post made with link and instructions to always refer to this thread in case of trouble ;)

edit: Placebo - neat find man :D
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

My computer is not that new anymore but I am running the client and it's working very well so far.

I am happy that I can at least contribute a bit to the project.

It's the real least I can do!

Thanks for all you work, guys!
Akerfeldt
UNATCO

Post by Akerfeldt »

The server is now up, but I am behind a router so if there are any connection issues, mention them here.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Akerfeldt wrote:The server is now up, but I am behind a router so if there are any connection issues, mention them here.
Could you keep me updated on usage stats? I'm curious :) Thanks!
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

I wonder if this will work at my school...

Oh my, if it does...I could get 200+ computers on this. Somehow that seems brilliantly evil, but maybe that's just me.

Just out of interest, what are the data file sizes that are going to be sent? In Australia we have especially retarded ISPs that feel the need to limit downloads and uploads.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

loony636 wrote:I wonder if this will work at my school...

Oh my, if it does...I could get 200+ computers on this. Somehow that seems brilliantly evil, but maybe that's just me.
I would advise against that, never install stuff like this on a system that you do not own or administer. Unless you have permission of course.

Anyway, my laptop and crappy machine are up and running. My good pc will be joining the fight tonight for a few hrs. Unfortunately I'll be away for the weekend so I can't keep running it for long :(
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Placebo
MJ12

Post by Placebo »

i have the client running, theres no rectimeout-message, the screen is black/blank

is it ok?
ImageEvery morning, I meditate about love and peace... I stop after three seconds.
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

I'm getting a "Connect Failed c" error. Strange, considering it worked just a few hours ago.
----K2----
Mole Person

Post by ----K2---- »

I'm getting that too .