Please do not feed the trolls.
anudyuti
Mole Person

A New Decade

Post by anudyuti »

Its almost done
Its almost done
Its almost done
Its now 2010 here Deus Ex is almost a decade old and runs on handheld computers no bigger than the cd case it shipped in.

Lets stop this nonsense, Either kill this mod or set a firm release date, AFIK ts lost all credibility.

I'm not trying to troll anyone but i think we need an eyeopener here guys.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: A New Decade

Post by Jonas »

anudyuti wrote:I'm not trying to troll anyone but i think we need an eyeopener here guys.
Really? Have you checked the other threads in this forum? You think what we need is a thread that insists the mod be released right this instant or declared dead, because we don't have enough of those already?

Pardon my French, but fuck off <_<

Oh. And happy new year, Mr. Scrooge.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
anudyuti
Mole Person

Post by anudyuti »

I hardly see how a rather rude ad hominem changes any of the points above, Its a new decade and still no release date #-o
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Your point has validity (if not merit) but has none-the-less been made over and over and over again throughout the year, and repeating it serves no purpose apart from filling our board with more bitterness and frustration.

As for the ad hominem, I thought I'd get the left-over bile out of my system before the new year.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

anudyuti wrote:2007
Its almost done
Its almost done
Its almost done
You had 3 years to get used to it. You fucking suck at learning.
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
anudyuti
Mole Person

Post by anudyuti »

Heres a wild thought, Maby if you set a firm release date and fucking stuck to it there would be less bitterness and frustration =D>

Honestly a mod for a decade old game, whose last public release was half a decade ago, With no updates for nearly a year :roll:

What do you expect
Last edited by anudyuti on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Fuck me, please don't tell me people can't read the posts about HDTP's progress. You want instant, buy a jar of coffee.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

anudyuti wrote:Lets stop this nonsense, Either kill this mod or set a firm release date, AFIK ts lost all credibility.
Nonsense? Kill HDTP!? Lost all credibility!?

Are you an idiot?
anudyuti
Mole Person

Post by anudyuti »

bobby 55 wrote:Fuck me, please don't tell me people can't read the posts about HDTP's progress. You want instant, buy a jar of coffee.
The MODDB page hasn't been updated for nearly a year and ithe release date is still TBA
anudyuti
Mole Person

Post by anudyuti »

Kee715 wrote:
anudyuti wrote:Lets stop this nonsense, Either kill this mod or set a firm release date, AFIK ts lost all credibility.
Nonsense? Kill HDTP!? Lost all credibility!?

Are you an idiot?
A mod for a decade old game, whose last public release was half a decade ago, With no updates for nearly a year .

Pretty good summery IMO, With no release date and No updates for nearly a year what the fuck are we ment to think.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

anudyuti wrote:With no release date and No updates for nearly a year what the fuck are we ment to think.
We are meant to think that the HDTP team are true to their word in that HDTP will be done & released when it is ready, that they are working hard with their limited time they have to work on it, and that trolls, idiots, and people without a shred of patience are only making the team more and more annoyed, in addition to making everyone else more annoyed. >.>
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I remember something, not a mod, that announced a release date. Turned out to be a huge mistake, ruined their credibility. Then, last year (assuming I haven't lost track of time) they released. It only took 16 times longer than they said it would. There was much rejoicing. Business is, to my understanding, good. Credibility exists. I have three of their products in this very room.

As near as I can tell the only mistake the company ever made was announcing a release date.

-

Also, if those quotes are accurate I hasten to add that apparently they never said "It's almost done." I fail to see the credibility problem in bringing up the mod's almost done in sentence fragments. Sure, we might be more confident dealing with people who don't use sentence fragments, but surely such a project could be done brilliantly even if the team didn't speak English of any kind.

-

I would be interested to know how killing the mod would give the mod team loads of credibility. I would think that killing the mod would immediately defunctify the mod team, and things which have been defunctified things have no credibility other than that which they had prior to defunctification.

[Edited to remove a typographical error, all remaining typographical errors are hereby made official signs of quirkiness.]
Last edited by chris the cynic on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hehehe, I've now added defunctification to my vocabulary.....love that word.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
anudyuti
Mole Person

Post by anudyuti »

And thats a nice heckling but it doesn't address anything Ive posted.
A mod for a decade old game, whose last public release was half a decade ago, With no updates for nearly a year .
I think its perfectly reasonable at this point to ask where this mod is going.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

The mod isn't going anywhere. It's not a train. Nor is it a plane, or a boat, or a car, or a truck, or a barge, or a zeppelin. It isn't a helicopter or a space ship either.

If we must use a metaphor of motion then its direction has been clear since inception. It is heading towards completion.