Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Master_OrHan
Mole Person

Re: Update status??

Post by Master_OrHan »

LOL, Duke Nukem Forever is coming out next year. If this came out after that, that would be hilarious since DNF is a running joke in the PC Games community. I've been wanting to play Deus Ex for years but I keep waiting for this mod to get done first so I don't have to look at the ancient graphics quite so much. Hope it gets done soon so I can find out what everyone is talking about. [-o<
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

lol I love how these topics pop up from time to time, but then again if they didnt, it might show that people arent interesting in the project, so you can be annoyed that they come up, but it shows that people are genuinly interested in the mod and want to see it completed.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

I can't wait until this is finally completed, although I would like an update or two on the HTDP website when a major part is done (like havin all the models done, just need animations) I thought I read on here a long time ago the animations were being imported onto the new models so nothing would change with the animations? I think someones said this when I mentioned the bad dance animations of GM_Trench (JC, Paul etc...) Males just spinning around every so often with arms out, thats not dancing.

Anyway, I know it takes time, but at least some updates when a bit gets done would be nice to let us know (say when 10 models are done or when 10 models are animated and so on) until completion rather than a few updates on the HDTP website after the first demo release and then nothing afterwards.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

My guess is that no-one has been doing much work on this project for months, if not a whole year. This is my experience when long periods with no updates/news pass. There are no updates/news simply because there'd be nothing to say but "there's not been any progress at all in the development of this modification". Same thing happened to New Vision after its preliminary release by DaveW. Mods usually advance through "burst of activity" and can lay dormient untill a new impulse is given or untill they're discontinued. We can do nothing but just cross our fingers.
Last edited by Salk on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Salk wrote:My guess is that no-one has not been doing much work on this project for months
Sorry but I had just to quote that because it's funny.

That said, you're likely to be correct - by what you meant to say, I mean.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Jonas wrote:
Salk wrote:My guess is that no-one has not been doing much work on this project for months
Sorry but I had just to quote that because it's funny.

That said, you're likely to be correct - by what you meant to say, I mean.
Well, I realize what I wrote is really wrong. I mean... Double negation... :D

I have to correct it. ;)
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

This thread needs a Remi Gailllard type of prank for it to really come to life
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

My guess is that no-one has not been doing much work on this project for months
Sometimes the slip of the tongue --or in this case keyboard-- reveals strange and unexpected truths :)