I'm so gonna miss this board when the mod is done...

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: I'm so gonna miss this board when the mod is done...

Post by Jaedar »

Salk wrote: In my opinion, After Final Fantasy VI for Snes, the only one that really excelled was Final Fantasy VII, best in the series by far.
FF6 (3 to some, yay consistent sequel numbering) was better than 7 imho. I didn't finish either, but at least with 6 I made it out of the first chapter.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Jaedar wrote:
Salk wrote: In my opinion, After Final Fantasy VI for Snes, the only one that really excelled was Final Fantasy VII, best in the series by far.
FF6 (3 to some, yay consistent sequel numbering) was better than 7 imho. I didn't finish either, but at least with 6 I made it out of the first chapter.
FF VI was indeed a champion in the series and second only (in my opinion) to FF VII, which made nothing short of a grandiose debut on the Playstation.

I finished both games and while both are really excellent in every aspect, FF VII sported an unparallelled (for the FF series) depth and an extremely captivating script, thanks to people like Yoshinori Kitase and Testuya Nomura. Not to mention that composer Nobuo Uematsu is here at the pinnacle of his musical production.

Sorry for the OT but we were discussing one of my favourite games ever! ;)
encinodude
NSF

Post by encinodude »

I honestly didn't see what was so special about FF7. I found it a chore to get through and just wasn't very impressed on the whole, especially with the half-assed localization and crappy graphics outside of the battlefield. FF6 I've replayed several times, and while it's probably the best one the dialogue is awful by today's standards.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

EL_OT wrote:I sincerely enjoy reading the 25-page long discussions where the point is lost around page 2
What the hell are you talking about?

I preferred Final Fantasy (1). It was supposed to be the final fantasy, and it had an airship.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

justanotherfan wrote:and it had an airship.
So did 6 and 7 iirc.

Chrono trigger/cross > Final fantasy imo.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

justanotherfan wrote:
EL_OT wrote:I sincerely enjoy reading the 25-page long discussions where the point is lost around page 2
What the hell are you talking about?
the other 25 page discussion thread!

also dont cry for this board once the mod is done!
encinodude
NSF

Post by encinodude »

Jaedar wrote: Chrono trigger/cross > Final fantasy imo.
Chrono Trigger is awesome, still very replayable, still ahead of its time (incredible, I know). Chrono Cross, not so much. As a standalone game it would've been decent (ridiculously convoluted plot notwithstanding). As a sequel to CT it's atrocious.
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

i agree, Chronos in DoTA was pretty good, especially when used effectively
Master_OrHan
Mole Person

Post by Master_OrHan »

They've been almost done for quite a while now, so no need to get overly sentimental yet. No telling how long they will be at this stage they are at now. Other fan made game projects took years past the expected due date and did actually get done, see Quest For Glory II remake, so I'm not saying it won't happen at all.
tolknaz
Mole Person

Post by tolknaz »

To be fair, yes, QFG2VGA spent almost 8 years in development, but the team also released 2 King's Quest remakes and their own commercial game during that time afaik.