You may or may not LOL @ the mention HDTP gets...

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
riskmaker
Thug

Re: You may or may not LOL @ the mention HDTP gets...

Post by riskmaker »

Between You and James Portnow

****** April 11 at 3:29am
What were you guys referring to in that Extra Credits when you mentioned Deus Ex?

James Portnow April 11 at 12:04am Report

Awhile back there was a high definition mod planned, but it's been on hiatus for years now. Much to our chagrin.

Cheers,

James Portnow
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Nice detective work, if that's real. I'll give you that ;)

Guess he is a big enough asshole then. Such is life.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
riskmaker
Thug

Post by riskmaker »

Ask him yourself, he's on Facebook as an actual person and not a fan page.

Although I'd probably find it weird if I got 10 messages asking about Deus Ex, lol.
Gahhhrrrlic
Thug

Post by Gahhhrrrlic »

Jonas wrote:Guess he is a big enough asshole then. Such is life.
Seeeee?? I'm not the only one who finds this pathetic.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well yeah, but we already knew you're an asshole. That doesn't really need to be restated :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Gahhhrrrlic wrote:
Jonas wrote:Guess he is a big enough asshole then. Such is life.
Seeeee?? I'm not the only one who finds this pathetic.
Find what pathetic exactly?
That a video review is slating an non-commercial modding team for the completely selfless work they are doing?
Or that Jonas considers the guy an asshole?
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
riskmaker
Thug

Post by riskmaker »

All the talk about them being assholes is pathetic. The reference would only, if anything, draw attention to this mod after years of silence. IT was hardly a curb-stomp or a massive insult -- I mean who is insulted? A incredibly small handful of diehard fans that think this timetable is actually acceptable?

Man, catering to people in denial is a bitch.
Gahhhrrrlic
Thug

Post by Gahhhrrrlic »

Seriously... kidding aside, it's clear to me that there are some people here like Jonas, like others, who are tight with the dev team and have resigned themselves to punching holes in the arguements of critics and also to brand them as trolls, transgressors, assholes or choose your own diminutive title. It's perfectly normal behaviour because you're not going to stab your buddies in the back, I get it. The transparent ploys to make the assholes lose our credibility however only hurts your own credibility in the eyes of those astute enough to pick up on it. Most (some?) of us are not trolls and you should be able to admit that. We are quite simply fed up with being yanked and ignored after all the fuss that got this train moving.....so in part we bitch and complain for the sake of bitching and complaining. However, to put things in a more positive light, some of us are actually trying to grab this project by the scruff of the neck and shake some bloody sense into it....verbally. If you're moving forwards at such a sluggish pace that you might as well be moving backwards it's time to take a step outside yourself and say "what's wrong with this picture? How can I make things better?" Worrying about the logistics of how the project assets will be treated in public domain is nothing more than an excuse to resist change. If 20 new versions of the same project get created, let the people who download them have their fun, who cares. Isn't fun the critical element here that seems to have been lost in all the bickering??? Those who want a pure product will wait for it...these are the same people sticking up for the goddamn dev team!!! The impatient ones will settle for something more expedient. Everybody wins....except for the dev team whose pride will be a little injured.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I know you're not a troll, you're just a very rude person with a massive entitlement complex. That doesn't mean I have to pay attention to you.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Also, "20 different versions" totally wouldn't work. DX is not modular like more modern, mod friendly games. Someone makes a package with a new assault gun, someone else makes a package with a new GEP gun: CONGRATS! YOU CAN NOW SELECT ONE (1) OF THE ABOVE OPTIONS.

So you'd end up with 20 different versions, each offering one of 20 different things. This is non-optimal.
Gahhhrrrlic
Thug

Post by Gahhhrrrlic »

Ok...but I don't see how this stops people from collaborating with you guys to help you do what you have to do faster. If someone were working independently and they knew about how the game isn't "modular" as you put it, I'm sure that wouldn't make it impossible to finish what you'd started. I'm not suggesting people go off on their own little tangents. Obviously for someone to make use of released material they'd have to understand how the game works and plan accordingly.

Jonas: Thought about your "entitlement complex" comment and I have to say that there is some aspect of my behaviour driven by selfish needs but I don't think most of my energy can be attributed to that. I'm trying to put my finger on it but I'm not quite there yet. I think the anti-logic of what's going on is simply reacting in my brain somehow but I'll get back to you when I can articulate this properly.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

After all this time when progress has been stagnant, with no intention to try and recruit people to infuse new life into this project, I can hardly imagine the dev team changing their mind about making HDTP open source or anything of the sort. I think we are well beyond the point of no return.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

THE POINT OF NO RETURN!!!

Sounds so dramatic. Well done.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

What the hell is wrong with you?
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.