Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Dreadstunlock
Mole Person

Update please :) Thank you guys!

Post by Dreadstunlock »

So after many hours of playing Deus Ex, I deleted it 100 times, I re-installed it same amount of times too.

After seeing HDTP, I was thinking, worth a shot for a better experience so, I tried that, everything went well at the start of seeing HD Crates in the Liberty Island but then....

Paul Denton still carries "mittens" effect.

Crowbar is either HDTP or none HDTP.

Everything except the crates looks the same.

So my question is.

Why are only the crate models are changed?

Is this mod dead? (2011, March)?

Thank you Berry much ^_^
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Update please :) Thank you guys!

Post by Jaedar »

Dreadstunlock wrote:
Why are only the crate models are changed?

Is this mod dead? (2011, March)?
1) Because the mod is not finished
2) Not dead, but not exactly alive either.

Welcome to the forums, hope you don't get roasted alive by the troll accusations.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Dreadstunlock
Mole Person

Post by Dreadstunlock »

Right, so only the High Definition crates were implemented? Nothing else?

Thanks for a reply, this will be a good update I guess.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Dreadstunlock wrote:Right, so only the High Definition crates were implemented? Nothing else?
Gunther got a new model, as did some of the clutter items. If you use legend cheat you can load a map that shows the new and old models side to side iirc.
odio ergo sum
Dreadstunlock
Mole Person

Post by Dreadstunlock »

Right, but are the models from the comparison map are present inside the campaign or not? I did notice the clutter items are realy looking good and some of the low-tech items too.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Dreadstunlock wrote:Right, but are the models from the comparison map are present inside the campaign or not? I did notice the clutter items are realy looking good and some of the low-tech items too.
They are present.
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Way to short-sell the mod dude.

As far as I remember, every single decoration object (meaning object that you can't pick up) was replaced.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Dreadstunlock
Mole Person

Post by Dreadstunlock »

So that's ok, I just needed a small update of what is going on since there was absolutely nothing to show that the mod is still alive as off 2011, let's hope for the best! Maybe Human Revolution will motivate the developers to continue at a bit of a faster pace, but that's just me :)
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Yeah, the problem the OP probably had was that all the new decos are so faithful to the original models that you almost don't notice how much more detailed they are. Especially if it's been a while since you last played DX. And then if you go back and play non-HDTP DX, it's amazing how fucking terrible everything looks. I mean, the crowbar IS HDTP, but everyone's so spoiled with their HL2s and whatnots that even a high-def crowbar looks just 'ok' unless you compare it to the horrible original crowbar. Plus, idle anims!

So there's that.

Meanwhile, we're alive, just keeping under the radar coz..jesus: have you read the sort of stuff people post round here? You stick your head up and it gets shit flung at it (so I'll duck back down again now, thx).
Dreadstunlock
Mole Person

Post by Dreadstunlock »

Yeah, I had a little look around, but hey, it's no better than Project Stealth forum which is where I spend most of my time waiting for the indie game to come out. Even though the models look really great and improve the enjoyment a bit, I just hope that the Gunther Hermann design isn't final because right now he runs like a weird statue xD
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

DDL wrote:Meanwhile, we're alive, just keeping under the radar coz..jesus: have you read the sort of stuff people post round here? You stick your head up and it gets shit flung at it (so I'll duck back down again now, thx).
Well, you perhaps have no idea about how glad people like me can be just reading one post like this. I understand you have all good reasons to stay low and avoid getting pissed but I'd believe most people here at OTP are not trolls and are genuinely concerned about how you are doing. I can but wish you the best of luck!
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

Jonas wrote:Way to short-sell the mod dude.
The mod developers did that themselves, nobody else did.

Nobody is questioning why it may not be out yet as there are so many reasons for it to not be (like work, study, family problems, the list could go on) but to say that the OP is selling the mod short is somewhat foolish when those who supported the mod for years have yet to see many updates on the mod for a long time.

People come here asking about what's happening with the mod, they assume it's dead because most people haven't been updated on the project and shouldn't be expected to sign up and read a forum just to find out. They are not short-selling the mod, it's rather logical to assume something as being dead when it hasn't been publicly active for over 3 years.

Do you claim those with missing families who have chosen to consider them dead so that they can get on with their life as opposed to living with worry and regret as "short-selling" their lost family?
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm tempted to just laugh at how ridiculous your post is, but I'll clarify since we clearly lost you somewhere along the way:

The person I was replying to was describing the existing release of HDTP in terms that made it sound like it had much less content than it actually has. The poster was short-selling Release 1 of HDTP, which I referred to in what you've quoted as "the mod".

Now with that out of the way: HAHAHAHA LOST FAMILY WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN-- I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL... :lol: =D>
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DDL

Post by DDL »

Hey, I shortsell my lost family all the time, then buy back the options on margin. It's how I paid for college...

Course with the current recession you'd be lucky to break even, unless you had a really huuuge family.

In other news: =D> =D> =D>
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Yeah, I don't get that post either. The forums are publicly available too, just needing registration for posting.

I was thinking earlier that it's difficult to tell what was updated. Much of DX was truly awful. It's a step above Half Life 1, but it's older than GTA Vice City. Still, HDTP is trapped in an old engine, and the release is from 2006. It's probably hard for people used to new games to understand an original Deus Ex world made out of different colours of cardboard. The idea of visually counting the eight polygons in a basketball would be alien. Taken in isolation from that experience, it could be easy for new players to short-sell. Manderley still looks like he was shot in the neck by someone without opposable thumbs.

Gotta play Deus Ex unmodified and with no graphical enhancements to appreciate the difference.