Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: OK. What's the real deal?

Post by DDL »

Could you list your skillset, riskmaker?

If you've got the skills, I'm sure I could find some awful, awful gruntwork for you to do.

Also, I like the implication that we might as well never have started. Shall we just stop hosting the current build then? Coz hey, all those decos: fuck that shit, right? Crates? LOL. Boxes? GTFO! Datacubes? ROFL. AlarmLights? AlarmPanels? SNORE. Barrels? Switches? Lamps? Barricades? Beer? Dustbins? Jesus it's like we never even fucking TRIED.

So, next time you're not shooting hoops with a 12 poly basketball and not shooting dudes with a 14 poly non-moddable pistol that totally doesn't show a very subtle red glow at the front of the model when the laser is on that required a fair bit of totally spurious coding that I did because I can, and because I love this shit, then....think of us. Perhaps more fondly than you currently do.
riskmaker
Thug

Post by riskmaker »

DDL wrote:Could you list your skillset, riskmaker?

If you've got the skills, I'm sure I could find some awful, awful gruntwork for you to do.

Also, I like the implication that we might as well never have started. Shall we just stop hosting the current build then? Coz hey, all those decos: fuck that shit, right? Crates? LOL. Boxes? GTFO! Datacubes? ROFL. AlarmLights? AlarmPanels? SNORE. Barrels? Switches? Lamps? Barricades? Beer? Dustbins? Jesus it's like we never even fucking TRIED.

So, next time you're not shooting hoops with a 12 poly basketball and not shooting dudes with a 14 poly non-moddable pistol that totally doesn't show a very subtle red glow at the front of the model when the laser is on that required a fair bit of totally spurious coding that I did because I can, and because I love this shit, then....think of us. Perhaps more fondly than you currently do.
Admittedly I don't have much experience with Deus Ex, I did some Fable modding back in the day, but its an entirely different beast. And I would totally love to contribute whatever grunt work needed to be done, tell me what I need to learn and I'll come back in a few weeks with it learned.

Again, admittedly, I don't like trying beta releases. I've always been an all or nothing guy when it comes to improvement mods. I'd just feel wrong if half the stuff was half shiny and half dull. That's just me however so I do appreciate that a lot of people can benefit from this.

I DO appreciate the work that was/is being done here, or I wouldn't give a shit enough to come and "complain." I do care about the idea of the project or it wouldn't get me so psyched to play it, that I'd be willing to learn entirely new/outdated skills just to speed things along.

Nah, it is better that it was started by a quality team, as long as its finished..(or from my perspective, I stand by original statement)
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

"I am not racist, but..."
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I wish all your posts had that tone. An actual civil post. Just please keep that up?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
riskmaker
Thug

Post by riskmaker »

Jonas wrote:I wish all your posts had that tone. An actual civil post. Just please keep that up?
He actually had questions, albeit the tone was near condescending, but he didn't let it kill the point...If you remember, I answered back to your post too. I don't think I am uncivil when met civilly in the first place...
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

riskmaker wrote:
He actually had questions, albeit the tone was near condescending, but he didn't let it kill the point...If you remember, I answered back to your post too. I don't think I am uncivil when met civilly in the first place...
Read your first post and say that again...
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

I am posting in an epic thread. This thread shall indeed be voted the Most Epic Thread of Our Times by an esteemed Council of Leet Men; I have seen the future and know this to be true. Also, one random post from this thread and its owner will be commemerated and his ascendants shall be richly rewarded. Unfortunately I did not see far enough into the future to see who wins this, so I thought it best to post in it to give me a better chance (which would have been 0% obviously, since I had no posts in it).

Please ignore my intrusion and continue.
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

HA HA! What a story, Mark!
miguel
UNATCO

Post by miguel »

I coul do the damn thing by my self
This gave me an idea.
I successfully created a fully workin animated alien (xenomorph) for Deus Ex, using the animation frames used by the GMJumpsuit as references and those animations are surprisingly good, the problem is that the blocky mesh does'n helps too much but the animations are good enough. The alien, Which is made of more than 3,000 polys, moves smooth and fluid but way to human :lol:

The idea is to improve the 8 generic human models by Subdividing edges, thus making them rounder and give them fingers without changing any texture map so that they can be used for all the character. I have done this to the unatco soldiers once. it was just a test whothout animations and it looked ok (an improvement)
There are other things i haven't done yet, like for example: The weapon triangle, Mouth animation, Recompiling a deus ex package(only my own custom packages)
Need some help whit that.

I only want to improve the humans and If i ever finish this, This mod will not replace HDTP in any way.

Coments, advices ,insults ,tips. Just tellme what you think abouth this

Thanks
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Interesting. I'm not a modder, so I understood a third of that, but post some videos or something :)
miguel
UNATCO

Post by miguel »

Made this little secuense to show that my animating method works. sadly the video was'nt properly captured, it was directly from milkshape 3d.
I still have to learn to capture in-game videos. I also have some links to in-game images that i posted some time ago if you are intersted
Here's the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeMC7RpP4oY

OMFG. to day i've learned how to upload a video to youtube and i was scared at the registration prosses :oops: 8-[
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Hah, cool! A little Alien alien. Fluid running animation. Gracias, Don

I'm told importing into Deus Ex is a pain. I was told they tend to look different in-game.

Youtube registration is scary. "What's your real name?" "What's your phone number?". Google makes an impressive stalker.
miguel
UNATCO

Post by miguel »

Hehe. i am a total internet noob.
I'm told importing into Deus Ex is a pain. I was told they tend to look different in-game.
Already overcome the mesh deformation thing that was bugging me but it generated some others. gonna try to fix them.