Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Phobosares
Thug

Restoration Hunter says hi!

Post by Phobosares »

Hello HDTP, and forum members. I just picked up on this mod when I was browsing for Deus Ex Graphic mods, and stumbled across this on Moddb. When I saw the pictures, I was quite impressed! I also tried the demo, but do realize this demo was released a while back.

Anywho from the pictures, the restoration mod looks promising, and can't wait for the "final release"! Being an Avid Game restoration hunter, I do realize the amount of dedication and work it takes to make some of these old games look better. I have a few mods I wish to share with everyone here that I found over the last few months of hunting for old game restorations.

Morrowind Graphics Overhaul: http://morrowindoverhaul.net/forum/inde ... ,12.0.html
I was amazed when I found this mod. Please note that it is a compilation of mods from over the years. The mod team here got permission to use all the older mod files. The compilation was released recently, and has some pretty impressive features. To name a few; there is, HDR bloom, Sunlight beam effects, Oblivion style distant land, animated grass, realistic shadows, high res textures, much nicer looking character models, updated GUI, and many other optional addons. Installing this mod is a big of work, and if you land on something wrong the whole mod might not work. So if you have Morrowind and want this mod, you should probably read the how to install pdf, as its a large process.

Quake 2 Graphics Overhaul: http://fps.maros.pri.ee/index.php?event=1163
Berserker Quake 2 is made by a bunch of russian modders whom I believe originally took over the Quake 2 evolved team's work when they quit and implemented it into their work with the permission of the old team, however not entirely sure on this. This graphics overhaul adds Water refractions and lighting, directx shadows, stencil buffering, new textures, and just makes quake 2 look modernized, as if it was made in 2005. Its worth checking out if you like Quake 2.

Classic Doom Overhaul mod: http://risen3d.drdteam.org/
This mod is fantastic, talk about taking an OLD game and doing a source port on it.. Risen 3d was a unique find as it takes the Old doom and adds a lot of 3d to it, along with mouselook (Vertical looking), crouching, and jumping. Most, if not everything in this mod basically takes the old Doom games from the early 90's and makes they new with 3d graphics.. Amazing even though it lacks some of the detail that most modern games have, its still a very nice effort with high res textures and decent models.

As soon as HDTP is added, that will go to my list of restored/modernized PC games. Keep up the good work!

Also, if anyone has any mods for games that restore/modernize the given game, please share if you wish.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Re: Restoration Hunter says hi!

Post by justanotherfan »

Wow, that Doom update looks pretty incredible.

Check out some of the opensource games, like Sauerbraten, Nexuiz, Open Arena, LegendsTheGame, and Alien Arena. Many are based on the old engines, but with new art. Sometimes the art is worse than before, sometimes it's vastly better, but they're free to accept new art. They're easy to find in a Linux packagemanager, but there's Windows ports for most of them.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I'm sure I've seen higher resolution replacement textures for Quake 2, there was a pack I downloaded that included a load of remade art and the engine by the people now running "Overdose" (which itself is based on the Quake 2 source code).

Some of the screenshots on the Doom page are very weird though. This one has a mix of Half Life 2 textures and Deus Ex models:
There's others with Unreal Tournament textures and Sin weapons too.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

they should've called the Doom one "Limbo of the Doom" :D
sew3
Thug

Post by sew3 »

PDF offers a wide range of benefits, including document fidelity sites to download book pdf, compatibility, security, and versatility. Its ability to preserve formatting, support interactivity, and provide ease of use has made it a popular choice for sharing, archiving, and presenting digital content.