Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
r00tb33r
MJ12

HR coming out in a couple of hours

Post by r00tb33r »

Just thought I would mention that.
Not going to rant, but it's an opportunity that mod devs missed. Release of a new Deus Ex game would have given due exposure to your mod, if you work was completed that is. Even if it comes out in a year or two it will just fade and die within days of release. Oh well.

By the way, DNF wasn't as bad as people say it is. It had everything a Duke game had to have. I think in the 12 years of development in their minds people added qualities that Duke never had.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: HR coming out in a couple of hours

Post by DDL »

[-X
DDL

Post by DDL »

More seriously, fuck right off.

A) what the fuck do you think we're all fucking doing?
B) guess who isn't going to be playing HR for at least a week or two, even though it was an amazing, unexpected, wonderful fucking gift?
C) we know that now would be a good time to release, because we're not fucking morons.

If you had any appreciation of the effort some of the team have been putting in over the last few months, or indeed took the time to read some of the posts by..say..Akerfeldt (and he's posted a few times, it's not hard to miss), then you'd hopefully think twice before posting things like this. I imagine at this point someone usually says "O BUT IF U POSTED UPDAETS WE WUDNT TROLL", but then fails to grasp that updates take fucking TIME, time that we could much more appropriately spend FUCKING FINISHING this (random aside: I was actually just going to type "finishing" there, but my fingers automatically entered FUC like five times in a row, so I figured I might as well roll with it).

And now I wasted time typing THIS. GAH I HATE YOU. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

DDL, Don't spend all your time finishing up HDTP. At least play HR a little because, and I like the way you put this; 'it was an amazing, unexpected, wonderful fucking gift?' :mrgreen:

Also, it will not die and fade after release. Eidos already advertised NV to the world a week or so ago when that was released and no doubt they will do the same for HDTP. After playing HR, alot of people who were not already interested in the first game will certainly be after completing HR and many of them will use HDTP/NV for their playthrough because they may be put off by the 11-12 year old graphics. (A friend of mine said he wouldn't play the game because the graphics were crap. I coulda slapped him. T_T Though he said that the mods were a massive improvement so that's something).

Hold up, HR is coming out in a few hours?! FU- *Runs off to finish current DX1 playthrough as quickly as possible.*
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

r00tb33r wrote:Just thought I would mention that.
Just thought I would mention that I agree with DDL and politely restate his request for you to fuck right off.

(Nerdenstein, that's the US release - as usual Europe are getting screwed over and we get it later on this week)
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

DaveW wrote:(Nerdenstein, that's the US release - as usual Europe are getting screwed over and we get it later on this week)
Not sure whether to take that as a good thing or a bad thing.
I've got College work to finish, Driving Theory test to pass among other things but as soon as HR comes out, that'll all be out the window. :P
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

r00tb33r wrote: Just thought I would mention that.
Not going to rant, but it's an opportunity that mod devs missed. Release of a new Deus Ex game would have given due exposure to your mod, if you work was completed that is. Even if it comes out in a year or two it will just fade and die within days of release. Oh well.
So, if I've got this correct, DX: HR gets released and the people who've been playing the original DX decide that they'll never play it again. That after Deus EX: Human Revolution is released, there's not going to be a single person (who hasn't played the original) curious enough to actually give the original a go. That there's not an untold number who have been waiting for HDTP's release who don't troll/bitch/shit-stir. Sorry, I don't agree, I can't see HDTP or New Vision fading from view anytime soon.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Locked. More for my sake than anybody else's. I'm getting really tired of these threads. Hope I'm not pissing off anybody I give half a shit about pissing off.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine