Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

HDTP and Shifter

Post by PlausibleSarge »

When HDTP 1.0 goes live, what will become of the unofficial Shifter Texture pack? I know it wont be strictly useful anymore, but are there any plans to support the custom weapons in shifter (like the magnum skin etc.), even if we have to make the skin ourselves?
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: HDTP and Shifter

Post by nerdenstein »

Do you have a copy of the Shifter texture pack on your computer?
The link for the file went down ages ago and I've been wanting it for ages.
If you've got it, could you kindly post it or send it too me please? :mrgreen:

As for your question, it'll still work over the top I assume but those particular textures will not be HD. I think that's how it'll work.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

nerdenstein wrote:Do you have a copy of the Shifter texture pack on your computer?
The link for the file went down ages ago and I've been wanting it for ages.
If you've got it, could you kindly post it or send it too me please? :mrgreen:
Ill upload it to megaupload, give me a minute

EDIT: its on dropbox instead. I hope this link works, I have only ever used this for private file storage

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36355497/ShifterEX.u
nerdenstein wrote:As for your question, it'll still work over the top I assume but those particular textures will not be HD. I think that's how it'll work.
The problem is that it will either use the old models, or it will try to stick a texture designed to fit on the old models on the new models, which could cause severe skin problems. I am kind of fine with the old models, but I would still prefer something stylish and new
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

You are an awesome, awesome person! :mrgreen:

Now that I think about it, I actually have no idea how that'll work. It my thinking is correct (it usually isn't) it'll use the new meshes because that's what the weapons .u file has been told to use, with the new skins. :/
On the otherhand, the only reason Shifter uses the new HDTP models is because of a piece of code that Yuki wrote into Shifter that searched for new models and replaces them. Which is why, when you save the game, you can briefly see the old models flicker in and back to HD.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.