Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: HDTP scheduled for Archival on ModDB

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DDL wrote:I should also note I'm currently working on a method for making the character models optional, since they seem the most contentious (plus since we can't do them all, people might honestly prefer to have no HDTP characters rather than mixed High Def and vanilla characters in the same scene). It's hacky, and may end up requiring the end user to do some ini editing unless I get off my arse and tackle window code (*shudder*), but it seems to work. Plus it's on a per-character basis, so you can pick and choose which ones get HDTPified if you want to.

At the moment I'm working on the premise that everybody is happy with new weapons, though.
Yes, optional character models would be appreciated, nothing else would need to be optional though imo.
I will still playthrough with them on first though of course, to see if they fit in well or break immersion, but judging by Gunther they will be fine. The only time he broke my immersion was when he was standing next to vanilla Anna Navarre in Unatco. ha ha :)
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

DaveW wrote:
DDL wrote:I should also note I'm currently working on a method for making the character models optional, since they seem the most contentious (plus since we can't do them all, people might honestly prefer to have no HDTP characters rather than mixed High Def and vanilla characters in the same scene). It's hacky, and may end up requiring the end user to do some ini editing unless I get off my arse and tackle window code (*shudder*), but it seems to work. Plus it's on a per-character basis, so you can pick and choose which ones get HDTPified if you want to.

At the moment I'm working on the premise that everybody is happy with new weapons, though.
To paraphrase Henry Ford, "You can have any color as long as it's black." Characters, sure, but anything else I think if you don't want HDTP versions then don't use HDTP :) Most of the new weapons look great though (not that I'm biased)
agreed, and if you are adamant about it, just mod it out ;)
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I'm saving my 20th playing of Deus Ex for when it'll have New Vision and an unabridged HDTP installed with it. I mean you can order a bacon and egg burger and tell them to hold the bacon, but.... :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Cybernetic pig wrote:

Yes, optional character models would be appreciated, nothing else would need to be optional though imo.
I will still playthrough with them on first though of course, to see if they fit in well or break immersion, but judging by Gunther they will be fine. The only time he broke my immersion was when he was standing next to vanilla Anna Navarre in Unatco. ha ha :)
To be honest, as long as you could have HDTP characters, I wouldn't mind if they were optional, just as long as they were there, they are the main part of the game afterall. Only the main characters, robots and troops need to have unique meshes, GM and GF characters would only need one really and high quality textures for them as opposed to changes for every one, so what characters are the issue here, which ones can't be done?

Would look out of place to have HDTP everything else and old characters, sort of like recording a SD video with a green screen, and for background, using a 1080p HD Video, the SD video in the foreground of the HD makes the video not as good as it was if shot all in HD.

OK, I'll compromise if there is absolutely no way around it...which ones will we get?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

Sweet aug canisters! But hey, look at those books under the canisters... they look damn good as well.
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

Just so you know, TheUnbeholden and Blade_Sword are both legitimate administrators of ModDB. It's Blade_Sword who seems to do most of the admin work for Deus Ex mods.

Honestly I was shocked to see people whom I thought were respectable pile up on an administrator merely because he was a bit too strict with his interpretation of the rules and misunderstood the criteria for archiving a mod. It's more shocking to see how much people react to a mod page being archived when it merely means a mod hasn't been released and worked upon for a long time and it can be reversed whenever the people behind the mod are ready to show what they've done. Anyway, this thread will be brought up because it's a good example of how not to overreact for both the administrator and the people behind the mod here.

Oh, and I personally think ModDB would be a better place if more mods that seemed to have stopped being worked on would be archived.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Did you just necropost a thread from 3½ years ago to tell people off for being rude to somebody else?

Dude.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

Yeah sorry for that, it's just that I can't bear people being rude on someone who's mostly innocent and just misunderstood some things.
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

I know how you feel, I disagreed with someone on the internet once, it was horrible.