Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
ericjmz
Thug

the correct 'order' of enhancements

Post by ericjmz »

5/27, Sunday morning

Hey Guys,

its been 1-2 years since I played Deus Ex & TNM (back-2-back)...Searching around last nite I came to your page,& now am so excited to play them both again...so excited I can't decide which one 1st; so excited I want to go back in time & begin yesterday! (still working on that time-travel element...)
For this I am going to re-install Deus Ex & TNM,and want to choose an order of 'enhancements' that leaves my 2 games with the best textures & the very latest open gl drivers...I don't want the installation of any enhancement to overwrite another with an earlier or worse thing.

So my question is,will the following O_R_D_E_R (or if not,some o_t_h_e-r 'order'?) give me the best working-'enhanced' version of Both Deus Ex and TNM?:-
1. install Deus Ex
2. install latest official Deus Ex patch
3. install HDTP-Release1.exe
4. NewVisionV1.zip
5. install NewVisionV1_Hotfix
6. install TheNamelessMod1.0.4Patch.exe
7. install TheNamelessMod1.0.4PLUSPatch.exe

Will that 'plan' give me the latest-and-greatest Deus Ex and TNM both,with the latest textures for both & the lastest opengl drives for both...that last being an important factor,I think?

Thanks in advance for your expertise-advice...and by the way,I loved TNM as much as the original game...maybe even a teensy bit more! =D>

ericjmz
ericjmz@yahoo.com
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Re: the correct 'order' of enhancements

Post by DaveW »

New Vision before HDTP ideally, so then HDTP will copy the corrected DeusEx.ini. Or you can just edit the new HDTP.ini manually, it doesn't really matter.
ericjmz
Thug

Post by ericjmz »

Thank you; I actually sent the same email-inquiry to the TNM forum, (as i didn't know which forum would apply to this 'double'-question)and they said the very same thing.
However, they did ALSO said something else...they install TNM BEFORE any of the enhancements.

Would you?

I ask specifically because I had thought TNM 1.0.4 had the latest opengl and I didn't know if either New Vision or HDTP changes the opengl (to an earlier version as their release came before TNM) if I install TNM before the enhancements?

Thank you again

ericjmz
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

TNM last seems sensible to me - New Vision requires the updated OpenGL renderer though (and comes with it.)