Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: HDTP beta

Post by bobby 55 »

DDL wrote:yeppers!

Just make sure the HDTP deusex.u goes in hdtp/system, not your regular system folder. :)
Will do. Oh God, a HDTP, NV, and Cybernetic Pig's mod compilation incoming. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Azzanadra
Mole Person

Post by Azzanadra »

Hello, it seems most of you have got the new HDTP with the new models working for Deus Ex.

May I ask how, exactly? I have installed the necessary files and have put them into the right folders but nothing happens in game. I followed the instructions exactly on the read me an have reinstalled twice but the same thing occurs.

The other mods I have installed are: The ENB, Shifter ,Deus ex Enhanced. New Vision, 2027 Gun models, HDTP release 1.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Azzanadra wrote:Hello, it seems most of you have got the new HDTP with the new models working for Deus Ex.

May I ask how, exactly? I have installed the necessary files and have put them into the right folders but nothing happens in game. I followed the instructions exactly on the read me an have reinstalled twice but the same thing occurs.

The other mods I have installed are: The ENB, Shifter ,Deus ex Enhanced. New Vision, 2027 Gun models, HDTP release 1.
Until Yuki updates Shifter it will only be compatible with the original HDTP release.... and not with the beta, sorry. I can't say if the 2027 Gun models would or wouldn't work either, I'm guessing not though.
Azzanadra
Mole Person

Post by Azzanadra »

All right, I seem to have everything working except the character models... and i have checked, the file IS in the system folder.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

ggrotz wrote: I don't know what all changed in this new version to check any more, but I will confirm the WCID receptionist and "Whoever" now look like their proper selves.
I was playing around with Despot's Apartment and noticed the Worldcorp troops now hang upside down as proper and don't plank. So I guess these are typical dead Worldcorp skins that are reskinned in the other direction. So that one's been resolved, too.
Dinjoralo
Mole Person

Post by Dinjoralo »

Hi-o, I just found this beta through the comment on the youtube video, and I am loving it! Let me ask though, is there any way to get this to work with this mod? They both replace deusex.u, so compatibility issues are abound.
rolatis
Thug

Post by rolatis »

must've been my comment :P
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Dinjoralo wrote:Hi-o, I just found this beta through the comment on the youtube video, and I am loving it! Let me ask though, is there any way to get this to work with this mod? They both replace deusex.u, so compatibility issues are abound.
If it needs Shifter then...no. Until Yuki updates it at least.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

An attempt at a better edited screenie. Up very close and personal with the bot near the police station in Hong Kong.
Shot0000.jpg
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

What am I supposed to be seeing?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

DDL wrote:What am I supposed to be seeing?
So much for the better screenshot. :lol:

Sorry, it's not "reporting" anything. Hopefully you are seeing a HDTP-ified bot.
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

I can not get this to work at all. I have tried following the installation instructions to the letter.

I installed HDTP normally
then copied the files in Beta 1, 2 and 3 to their correct folders

yet I get the error

Can't find Package in file 'Package HDTPItems.UI'

when I try to start the game.

Suggestions?

I am using kenties DX launcher and no other mods
Last edited by PlausibleSarge on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DDL wrote:I think the process should be "install Deus Ex, apply patch 1.112fm (shouldnt have to if you are using GOTY edition), run Deus Ex once then quit the application once you get to the in-game menu screen, install HDTP Demo release, then copy recent HDTPbeta files over". I don't know if anyone has ever worked out why that engine.gameengine thing happens, I've had it once too (which then mysteriously went away upon a reinstall).
When you are all setup, if you are using Kenties launcher then launch the game from DeusEx.exe in the System folder.
DDL

Post by DDL »

If you're going to edit quotes and then attribute them to me, at least try to spell correctly and not change the message?

I personally think you SHOULD apply the 1112fm patch, even if you have the GOTY DX.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

:roll: I missed an apostrophe. Maybe if your words were PERFECT in the first place, they wouldn't need to be edited. Next time contain the snobbish behaviour.