Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Re: HDTP beta

Post by gamer0004 »

I'm kind of waiting for you guys to sort out the bugs and then I'll install it myself.

What does that say about me as a person? Am I a bad person? Is it unethical? Am I the dreaded homo economicus?

I do not know. I do know that if DDL would like me to try HDTP to see if there's any bugs, then I will do so.
However, I'm not sure whether that has much added value at this point.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Link doesn't work at the moment. I'll try again tomorrow. :lol:
What does the hotfix have included?
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Daveyboy1978
Thug

Post by Daveyboy1978 »

After applying hotfix - the full size papers are not loading any texture at all - just using the vanilla textures.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

This an observation not a report. The UNATCO guy's eyes (plus face mask) remind of those zealots in The Mummy Returns, it adds a bit of character to them imo.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DDL

Post by DDL »

Daveyboy1978 wrote:After applying hotfix - the full size papers are not loading any texture at all - just using the vanilla textures.
Daveyboy:
I changed the papers package since you started testing (to fix all the bugs you reported), so you'd probably need to D/L the new versions of everything (i.e. beta01,2,3). This might, however, cause package instability since some of the texture names have changed. :/

I'm trying to think if there are any levels that have no information devices...(since you could reach that level, switch the packages, then continue). Failing that, you could put all the new book/newspaper packages in the HDTP\System folder, that way it should find the new texture names when needed but still have access to the old ones (in default system folder) if necessary.

Might work. :-/

NB: this is a Daveyboy-specific issue, folks, so the rest of you don't need to do anything ( it's coz he was the pre-beta beta tester, as well as a ludicrously productive texture artist)
DDL

Post by DDL »

Update: I've updated HDTPbeta03 to contain the fixed deusex.u, so if you're downloading the whole lot as of now, you don't need the hotfix.

If in doubt, download everything and just keep the most recently modified versions of any duplicates. :)

Hotfix should address:

stealthpistol invisibility
skinswap for weaponhandstex on the prod
carcasses losing HDTP settings when being picked up and dropped
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I just got the stealth pistol from Carter so if nobody does in the meantime I'll let you know how that goes. The books and newspapers look great.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Thanks for the bugfixes, DDL! Man, this is so great and pretty much worth the wait.

However, I really have to ask since otherwise it'll bug me forever: What happened to the Maggie Chow model?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Maybe she was omitted because nobody liked the new model.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

I wonder if somebody could be so kind and upload some comparative shots?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Interesting, game just crashed at Revision's 02_NYC_Street. Got a dialog box saying "CreateTexture failed". Do not know if this is HDTP related, but I've used New Vision for a while now while testing the different levels of Revision, and I've never seen this before.

Got a log file, if anyone is interested.

NB: There is apparently an error in the log about a HDTP book in 02_NYC_Hotel, although I can't see nothing wrong about that particular book.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Salk wrote:I wonder if somebody could be so kind and upload some comparative shots?
Two quick ones:

Vanilla
HDTP
DDL

Post by DDL »

bjorn98009_91 wrote: NB: There is apparently an error in the log about a HDTP book in 02_NYC_Hotel, although I can't see nothing wrong about that particular book.
That's a log I added: all books now use a fairly messy string parsing system to hunt for a texture that matches their texttag, and while some of the open books also have custom textures for the bindings, some don't (and use the default HDTP book covers).
That book doesn't, so that's just its way of telling us that. When I finalise the package I'll drop the log messages.

The accessed nones in state exploding have been there since forever, so it's not that...and this
Critical: Windows GetLastError: Not enough storage is available to process this command. (8)
is just quintessential unreal error logging. Fuck you, unreal error logging. <_<

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Thanks, FastGamerr!