Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Beta Textures to do:

Post by bobby 55 »

Second down on the left is pretty close. I'm using the OpenGL renderer. I still maintain the weapon hand in vanilla DX appeared slightly darker. I hope you haven't taken this as a criticism of your and the team's work. Christ, it's a twelve year old game after all. ;)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

(no, I'm just hoping someone'll do a better job :P)
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

I was using the DX10 render, wasn't complaining either, did a great job to get this far and I am very much impressed. Maybe I am just too observant or a bit of a perfectionist :lol:
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Daveyboy1978 wrote:Hi, if you notice any textures which have not yet been updated past vanilla on the 3d models in the game could you please list them here so I can get on and make some new ones.

Thus far I have created new textures for:

Police boat
Control Panel
Satellite dish
Security terminal
Med kit
Soy food

Anything else you notice please list.

Cheers!
I just had a thought. I noticed in the Unreal Revolution mod (you know the DX: HR parody) that a lot of that stuff "appears" to be high-res. If it hasn't been done already for HDTP and is in there it might be worth asking that author if the textures there can be used.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Just posting pickups and decorations that are not done that I think are more important:

AlarmLight, ChairLeather, CouchLeather, BioelectricCell, Multitool, all charged items, Bionoculars, VialCrack, all the weapon mods.
Last edited by bjorn98009_91 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

"Comfy Chair" (the single seat version of the leather couch), Balistic Armor, Hazmat suit, Thermoptic Camo (I think?), Tech Goggles, Zyme Vial, Ceiling Lights in Underworld Bar, Cieling Fans in Underworld Bar, Small potted flowers.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Some more. These are not all the ones missing, but some I think are important that show up on a few different places and things I personally think looks out of place.
These are all things that I can find that are not HDTP-fied and is actually used in the game.

Generic: BoneSkull, CoffeeTable, Chandelier, ClothesRack, HangingChicken, PoolTableLight, TrafficLight, LifeSupportBase, Buoy, Bushes1, Bushes2, Bushes3, Cactus1, Cactus2, CarBurned, CarStripped, CarWrecked, StatueLion, TrashPaper, AttackHelicopter, BlackHelicopter, MiniSub, VialAmbrosia, SpyDrone.

Hong Kong:
HKChair, HKCouch, HKBirdCage, HKHangingLantern, HKHangingLantern2, HKHangingPig, HKMarketLight, HKBuddah, HKIncenseBurner, HKMarketTable, HKTable, HKTukTuk

NYC:
NYEagleStatue, NYLiberty, NYLibertyTop, NYLibertyTorch

Washington: WHBookstand, WHCabinet, WHDeskLibrarySmall, WHDeskOvalOffice, WHEndtableLibrary, WHPhone, WHPiano, WHRedCandleabra

And all different fragment classes.

Believe it or not there are actually a few objects left which I haven't mentioned. ^^
This post is more for reference than an actual request, but here you have most of the stuff that's not done.

Edit: Added some more stuff.
Last edited by bjorn98009_91 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daveyboy1978
Thug

Post by Daveyboy1978 »

Excellent, thank you for the information. Feel free to list the other bits missing and I will endeavor to create new textures for them.

Thanks
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Will you be doing only textures, or will you make new models for the missing objects as well?
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Will you be updating info link portraits for NPCs that have new meshes? Not really important but would look good to see new ones for the HDTP characters.
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
CyanideCapsule
Thug

Post by CyanideCapsule »

Morpheus wrote:Will you be updating info link portraits for NPCs that have new meshes? Not really important but would look good to see new ones for the HDTP characters.
+1
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

The "Electronic Control Panel" (if it hasn't already been mentioned).

An edit:
Morpheus wrote:Will you be updating info link portraits for NPCs that have new meshes? Not really important but would look good to see new ones for the HDTP characters.
+1. Also inventory pictures to match the HDTP items.
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

Has any thought been given to reskinning some of the existing HDTP models to fill out the cast a little bit more? For example, the workmen in orange coveralls and work helmets were the same model as MJ12/UNATCO troops before with only some slight differences in the faces. Scientists were the same model as the Dentons/WS only with different faces (added glasses basically). Anything like that possible?
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I must admit, I was thinking the same. :)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

tetracycloide wrote:Has any thought been given to reskinning some of the existing HDTP models to fill out the cast a little bit more? For example, the workmen in orange coveralls and work helmets were the same model as MJ12/UNATCO troops before with only some slight differences in the faces. Scientists were the same model as the Dentons/WS only with different faces (added glasses basically). Anything like that possible?
+1 That is a very good idea. Could Jaime Reyes, Gary Savage and Tobie Atanwe (or however you spell his name) be done this way with the Denton mesh?
Last edited by Morpheus on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.