Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Hashi
Silhouette

So I just need some clearing up with the latest HDTP release

Post by Hashi »

So I have finished Deus Ex maybe 8 times and wish to do so one final time with leet graphics.

So the latest edition of HDTP is in beta but will I notice the things that are missing from it? Will I care as I play the game?

And what is the best combination out there? I've heard of the shifter mod but don't really understand it and is it complete? What about New Vision? I know it's not complete but will I notice anything that hasn't been textured? Will I see one awesome looking barrel and then 4 boxes around it that are the original textures?

And what is the ultimate combination of mods that will make Deus Ex awesome? And are there any compatibility issues? Do they all run smoothly?

Thank you in advance my friends.
Salk
UNATCO

Re: So I just need some clearing up with the latest HDTP rel

Post by Salk »

To the best of my knowledge (the authors are free to correct me):

1) New Vision: it's practically in its final stage. I think Dave might want to correct those few bugs (typos, alignment issues) left before calling his work completely done but I'd say it's 98% complete. There was a related ambitious project about redoing the maps where needed but it never took off despite a promising initial involvment.

2) HDTP: it's in beta stage and DDL himself replied recently to me saying that there's been much feedback about things that need corrected. Also, it's uncertain when and if it'll ever leave its beta tag. Still, I'd say the project is in a well advanced stage, meaning there is not so much left to do but rather some bugs to fix.

3) I would not play Deus Ex without G-Flex's Human Renovation patch. It's a patch/mod which corrects more bugs than the unofficial 2.0 patch but it also made some small, low-key tweaks to the game when felt needed. Unfortunately while HDTP and New Vision are fully compatible, Human Renovation is only compatible with the old first release of HDTP, meaning that HDTP Beta's changes won't appear in the game if Human Renovation (or Shifter from which he imported the compatibility coding with the early HDTP release).
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Salk wrote:There was a related ambitious project about redoing the maps where needed but it never took off despite a promising initial involvment.
Are you talking about the Revision mod? Updates are still being posted.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-revision
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Undisputed wrote:
Salk wrote:There was a related ambitious project about redoing the maps where needed but it never took off despite a promising initial involvment.

No, I am not.

I am speaking of this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10825

It is the first sticky topic in the New Vision forum.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Salk wrote:
Undisputed wrote:

No, I am not.

I am speaking of this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10825

It is the first sticky topic in the New Vision forum.
I have been thinking of fixing bugs and doing a few tweaks to maps in the near future, like fix a couple of BSP holes, fix the alignment errors I mentioned caused by the New Vision textures but if I do, I'll post on that thread.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Morpheus wrote:I have been thinking of fixing bugs and doing a few tweaks to maps in the near future, like fix a couple of BSP holes, fix the alignment errors I mentioned caused by the New Vision textures but if I do, I'll post on that thread.
That would be much appreciated.
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

So the best combination of mods that will work on Deus Ex are? And if I combine them all, will I notice large discrepancies between textures? Will I care as I play the game?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

If like me you absolutely must have HDTP then you cannot have any other DeusEx.u

The only two HDTP compatability options so far are:

1. HDTP, New Vision & Revision.

2. HDTP, New Vision & Give Me Deus Ex Mode.

Both of these can be played right now with HDTP beta.

HDTP compatability coming soon:

Shifter
Human Renovation (hopefully)
TNM

Apologies if I missed any.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

To clarify, Human Renovation and Shifter are compatible with the old release of HDTP, but not the new beta.

Also, cybernetic pig, you might want to know that there's been a Deus Ex mod out for quite a while now that's already called "Hardcore", so if there's any confusion in the near future, that's why. :P