Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Drowning witch
Mole Person

Compatibility question

Post by Drowning witch »

Hi everyone

I got a dx 1 replay itch that I must scratch :)

Last time I played was in 2004, so im a bit rusty on the mods and their compatibility.

I've installed:
Steam version of Deus ex GOTY
New Vision 1.5
Kentie's Deus exe+dx10 renderer
Latest openGL/d3d renderers
GOTY map fixes
Unnofical patch 2.0

Im wondering if any of those would conflict with HDTP betas 1,2, and 3? Im asking since some threads here tlak about the unnfical patch being incompatible, but the posts are a bit old, so maybe something changed.

Thanks in advance
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: Compatibility question

Post by DDL »

There's only one beta, it's just split into three zips.

And I would guess that the unofficial patch is incompatible currently: HDTP assets are entirely compatible with everything, it's just that the code that references those assets is in the core code package with all the game code. So to make the game actually USE the HDTP stuff we have to change the core code package, which is what the unofficial patch also does. So they're two different versions of the same thing. If that makes sense.

I'm guessing when we decide HDTP is 'done', or at least 'as done as we can manage', then the folks behind the unofficial patch will merge the two codebases.
Drowning witch
Mole Person

Post by Drowning witch »

thx for the reply.

would the same apply to new vision + unnoficial patch?

ir is HDTP the only one that does that or is unnofical patch pretty much incompatible with everything?

and how about goty map fixes?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hi.

New Vision is compatible with all mods as it doesn't change any of the core (utx?!) elements....only textures.

As DDL mentioned the mods that use the same core elements (but their own version) will be incompatible. So I guess most mods that change gameplay will have compatibility issues.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Drowning witch
Mole Person

Post by Drowning witch »

bobby 55 wrote:Hi.

New Vision is compatible with all mods as it doesn't change any of the core (utx?!) elements....only textures.

As DDL mentioned the mods that use the same core elements (but their own version) will be incompatible. So I guess most mods that change gameplay will have compatibility issues.
thx bobby. yeah i wasn't clear on this because in my layman mind, HDTP and New visiona re both graphics mods so i didn't expect them to conflict with a bug fix patch

you cleared it up for me :)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I'm no expert. It's only since I've been a member of these forums that I have a better, if somewhat limited, understanding of what modding is about. It's still smoke and mirrors (mostly) to me. :)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional