Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
JustANewbie
Mole Person

Rotated face bug

Post by JustANewbie »

First time using the mod. I'm running a clean install of GOTY edition (manually updated to be on the safe side) with New Vision and HDTP (betas1-3) installed. No other mods. Sometime between talking to the guy on the docks in liberty island and rescuing Herman I managed to rotate my face. Closing the game and reloading didn't fix it. I managed to get it to revert by closing the game and starting a new playthrough and then loading my save once the textures were loaded. Here's a pic:

http://i.imgur.com/9MCmXP5.jpg

It was easier to see from other angles, but JC's face is his hair "mesh"(unsure of technical term). And the whole head texture has been spun around. No clue how I managed to do it.

My apologies if I've reported this horribly. Loving the mod btw. Thanks for the hard work.
AdamJensen
NSF

Re: Rotated face bug

Post by AdamJensen »

Welcome to the forums. :smile:

Did you install the HDTP_Release1?
JustANewbie
Mole Person

Post by JustANewbie »

Yes, sorry for the ambiguity. I ran the game, installed new vision, ran the game again, then installed HDTP release one, then put all the beta files in place(I put HDTPAnim.utx into both /textures and /HDTP/textures). I'm using kentie's launcher. All default settings except I upped the resolution.

I suspect this is too vague to be of much use by itself(and I already managed to kludge a fix in,so I'm fine), but I figured I'd submit the data point in case you ever got other cases to compare it with.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

No other mods? What's happening there is it seems to be reskinning JC's face with the original textures.

JC reskins on startup to match the menu choice of skintone, but he SHOULD use the HDTP textures if he's using the HDTPmodel (which looking at the collar, he probably is).
Does paul denton look ok?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

I mentioned this back in the original release thread. I never had this happen in the main game, but it happens on each and every mod. The original post is unclear on what he is doing (playing with the appearance part of the character settings?), but maybe it can be fixed in the other mods by tweaking that way? I don't know for sure. But something is definitely up.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Ahh..could be custom playerclasses extending JCDentonMale and overwriting the skinswaps but not also overwriting the mesh.

Hrmmm. Not sure if that's fixable, aside from simply deselecting JC from the HDTP settings menu.

I could stick in an exec function to bruteforce an HDTP skinswap, but that's an ugly, ugly solution.