Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
SolidSnakePlissken
Mole Person

Re: GMDX: Gameplay Mod. Final Version Released (HDTP Compati

Post by SolidSnakePlissken »

Is this compatible with the new Revision? I don't even want to bother if it isn't....
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

GMDX is compatable with HDTP & New Vision only as well as the custom renderers and launchers.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

GMDX patch_02 released.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/downloads/gmdx-patch-02

Long overdue, this very small patch addresses three bugs/oversights and adds a few nice little touches to level design in places.

Changelog:

01_Liberty Island: Changes to the patrol routes of two NSF, removed the UNATCO vs NSF battle due to emerged inconsistencies and allowed the player to take in the sights from the top of the statue by opening the shutter up there.

08_HK Helibase: Fixed BSP errors and much needed changes to AI behaviour as well as adding destructable cover for the ambush.

Duclare Chateau: Moved a trigger to play Jock's transmission a little earlier.

Minor changes to DeusEx.ini, an example being movers displaying different text:

before:
Lock Str: x%
Door Str: x%

Now:
Lock Complexity: x%
Door Durability: x%
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

SolidSnakePlissken wrote:Is this compatible with the new Revision? I don't even want to bother if it isn't....
Both mods alter things to do with the maps. Revision extensively so.
Revision won't be out until later so why not play GMDX now and Revision when it is release? :mrgreen:

That's what I'm going to do. :P
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Playtester required for GMDX_Patch_03. I completed yet another playthrough the other day and found some minor map errors, I fixed all that up and added additional content and refinements in places. I request someone to play through the mod with this patch applied for quality assurance so that I can then release it, as it is too large a patch to roll out without extensive testing and because I would like this to be the final patch, at least before (if) any new additional content is added.
PM me or post here if you are interested.

Edit: Ok, just done some 'coding' too.

-Forced HDTP options to custom and removed MJ12 choice. This should avoid problems the many have who somehow miss clear instructions to disable MJ12. A temporary fix.
-Flamethrower can have universal clip mods (was nerfed to 50, but with clip mods goes to 75)
-Assault Gun scope zoom reduced.
-GEP can have reload speed and accuracy mods. Reduced base accuracy slightly.
-Biocells now restore 30 points.
-Custom Glock rate of fire increase
-Assault shotgun is now semi-automatic.
-Slightly increased plasma ammo received per pickup.
-Mini-Crossbow Dart damage increased slightly.
-Skill: Computers point costs are now 3000-2000-1000.
-Stealth Pistol slightly increased recoil.
-Nerfed Gray's health a little.

Also some changes to DeusEx.int:

-Assault Shotgun description slightly altered due to removal of full auto functionality.
-Skill descriptions now have "total skill points to master= x" string. It displays the cumulative # of skill points needed to master a specific skill, naturally. Weapons: Rifles= 9975 for example. Just to help the player have a better picture of the skill system/investment costs and also especially handy since GMDX alters skill costs.
-Added an "UNATCO Note" to the pistol description advising agents not to put weapon mods into it as there are other, superior options and the pistol is redundant (redundant for good reason too, it has reduced damage from vanilla to prevent unfair instakills to players torso on realistic and hardcore).
Description="The GLOCK 49 in caliber 10mm is the most widely used law enforcement pistol worldwide. Because of its unsurpassed reliability, user-friendly modification design and its low weight, it is trusted by law enforcement officers in their daily duties throughout the world. It is safe, easy and quick to use through the revolutionary 'Super Safe Action' trigger system. GLOCK 49 – designed for professionals. |n|n<UNATCO OPS FILE NOTE SC142-BLUE> A Glock 49, whilst reliable and does the job, I believe it to be vastly overrated. I wouldn't recommend wasting weapon modifications on the firearm, especially when you are likely to find modified versions of the 49 out on the field anyway due to it's commonness -- Tech Sergeant Kaplan <END NOTE>"

I need this stuff further tested as well as the map patches before I can publicly release. Also let me know if there are any lore conflicts in the above "UNATCO Note".
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

More 'coding':

Pain sounds delay increased to 0.75 from 0.25. This improves combat behaviour. For example vanilla when using the assault rifle and emptying a clip on an enemy every 0.25 secs a pain sound will play "uh uh uh uh". Now the delay is perfect.

Combat start up music check time increased by 1 second. This gives you longer to take down an enemy before the combat music starts up, and if you kill/take him down in that time then the music does not start at all. This reduces the number of situations where combat music starts up as you've just took out an enemy with two successive darts or whatever, yet it is not guaranteed since it is always checking, it just increases the chance of it not happening.

Pillow set to collide actors=false (or was it block player? Don't remember which). This means whenever JC steps on a pillow he will not bounce around erratically, rather nothing happens. When throwing the pillow still collides.

NPC Yaw Rotation rate=90000. Speeds up pawns turning on the spot to a more realistic value.

AI Faster time to react to new sounds (courtesy of G-Flex)

Anna Navarre and Gunther slight increase of health.

Hmm, time to change up player death scene some.

Two playtesters have stepped forward but you can never have enough so don't be shy now!
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

More:

-Changed player death SFX. It was very immersion-breaking, for me, that JC had the same death SFX as every male NPC in the game.
-Reduced sniper ammo per pickup by 1.
-Lowered Turret damage threshold to 40.
-Improved Multitool and lockpick effectiveness when at master level and slightly decreased the skill costs for both.

More refinements to the maps also.

It's nearly at a state of optimal quality.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

They included in the deusex.u file you sent me separately?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Everything except those four minor alterations described in my previous post. I'll update you shortly. Should be the last update to DeusEx.u unless a bug is found.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

-fixed Jaime Reyes not appearing at Tongs base till the third visit. He's now there on the second when the NPC's say he is.
-Removed the GMDX bonus of 1000 points and instead added that value to the starting skill points so you can manage it when you choose new game (doh!).
-Slight alteration to footstep sound formula so those who like to walk behind enemies for a stealth kill (walkers) rather than crouch can do so in the same manner as vanilla.
-updated the hardcore mode prompt text to also mention disabling of weapon auto-reload and no access to the console.

Any more updates to DeusEx.u in the near future I'll just edit this post.

Feel free to suggest anything before this next release and I'll consider it if it's doable with my current coding skill level.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Update: My partner dasraiser is back, expect a couple of new and exciting code-related changes soon! The stuff above will be nothing in comparison :smile:

Edit: New stealth skill. More on this later.
Attachments
GMDXS.png
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Awesome!
Blade sword
NSF

Post by Blade sword »

Reminds me of cassandra project :p
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

The GMDX team is in need of a 3D modeller and animator proficient with 3DSMax to edit and animate one model.
It should be a simple task for someone with the skills, taking ~an hour or two of your time.

Please lend us your time and talent so we can implement something awesome and greatly beneficial to the mod. PM me for details.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Update on stealth skill:
GMDXS.png
The new stealth skill is the answer to a vanilla problem between the balance of the Silent running and Speed Enhancement. Stealth skill substitutes Silent running and a new aug will take it's place to stand up against Speed Enhancement (This new aug is what we need a pixel pusher for). As a result one can combine stealth skill with speed enhance (or the new currently incomplete aug) but since GMDX's AI have greater perception and abilities all-round this does not pose a problem to the challenge stealth provides. Also speed factors into sound produced (both falling and running) so you will be making more noise running about with speed regardless unless you are tactical about it.

Trained: Vanilla when landing it was just considered a footstep sound, however there was a bug with the formula for z axis velocity that increases the footstep sound the harder/faster you land. This is now fixed and a separate, louder sound event is sent when landing from height. Upgrading to trained reduces this sound volume/radius by 50%. (

Advanced: This is, simply put, silent running lvl 2 with passive capability. Why not just keep silent running but make it passive, you say? because when fully upgraded you run completely silent and this would topple the challenge somewhat of stealth if passive, and even then it still wouldn't be the ridiculously useful and fun aug speed enhancement is that also gives you somewhat sped up crouching. Why not remove Speed enhancement's faster crouch speed then, you say? Because the two still wouldn't compare. Speed Enhancement is ridiculously good for both playstyles, but the majority already know this anyway.

Master: Simply reduces enemy visibility range by 30%. GMDX's AI are far more perceptive overall in all sense[s] of the word, but most noticeable is their vision, where you absolutely must stay out of their line of sight unless cloaked or hidden in darkness or very far away. The next release will reduce their sight abilities a little so hiding in darkness is more effective also, but with this skill at master it puts their visibility ability somewhat near vanilla (but still stealth is overall harder due to many other factors such as more formidable cameras and turrets, less resources, other AI stats and better reactions etc).

This skill is essentially the weapons skill of the stealth playstyle. A shooter must upgrade weapons skills to make shooting easier. A sneaker must upgrade stealth skill to make sneaking easier, and you will likely feel the pressure to do so because stealth is harder than vanilla. Yes a sneaker will still likely want to upgrade weapons as well (at least pistol), but the shooter may want to upgrade heavy weapons, heavy weapons skill not being all that useful to a stealth player. Still, the idea is that any player can have any skill they want providing they have the skill points and through additional starting skill points as well as reduced cost of the other skills, stealth skill is essentially paid for by the mod (unless you want to put those points into something else).
Regardless, GMDX through it's tougher difficulty does encourage the player to use both playstyles and to think outside the box, so this skill is useful to a more shooter-centric player also. It also ensures the mod can be completed without killing anyone easier. Warren Spector would have been mad at me if he tried to do so before as it was the hardest challenge of all by far, more so than vanilla where it was already quite a challenge without the use of cheats and exploits.

Anyway, I hope you guys are not disappointed! Now we just need to implement this new aug that replaces silent running, and I am excited for it but it's not possible without someone to edit and animate this one single mesh.
The alternative for this aug if no one steps forward to help will likely basically be blink from Dishonored, though not quite as powerful due to no bioelectric energy regeneration but the problem is it's not as badass as this new aug idea I have (no spoilers) and it would make no sense as a legs aug. :/
So I will not be giving in...

Edit: Whoops, just noticed that typo in the skill description: "foostep". Heh, better fix that up now.

We wanted to do more for stealth skill (pickpocketing) but this should suffice.

Anyway, here are additional updates:

-Hacking drain time when master level is x4 slower so the player can read emails etc at their leisure. Computers skill is also now titled to be a little more specific: "Hacking", as you can see in the pic above. The skill only influenced things hacking related, it didn't make the player more skilled in excel.
-3 weapons have some new SFX.

The estimated release date for what will be a rather large update to GMDX, fixing bugs and adding refinements and new features is 20/Jan/2014. Of course this is not guaranteed as it is not getting released until this new aug is completed.