Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Fjaj
Thug

Deus Ex with HDTP + BioMod

Post by Fjaj »

For some reason i can't get both BioMod and HDTP working together. I ca have BioMod without HDTP, but when i move HDTP above BioMod in priority BioMod's features aren't there. Also, the secondary fire key can't even scope, it just ejects the bullet without shooting. And the menu still lists some of BioMod's features even though they are not there - clicking on "Challenges" plays the intro and the new "Athletics" skill just acts exactly like the "Swimming" skill.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex with HDTP + BioMod

Post by Cybernetic pig »

HDTP & Biomod are not compatible.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Indeed, they modify the same file. No luck unless the developer makes a HDTP version.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
kocmo
Thug

Post by kocmo »

Done! Check out unifiedDeusEx :-)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

@Bjorn: If you have problems with deco going black also: Light source's light radius has to be of multiples of 8 I found.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Cybernetic pig wrote: Little tip: All black textures I've come across can be fixed with deco: cage light. Remove it's collision (all props false/0) and set physics_none, then if necessary hide the light wherever such as inside geometry. If light brightness is < 32 it fails to light up the bugged textures but anything > works fine. Of course this may not be ideal but giving up DX10 sounds upsetting.
That sounds like a horrible hack. The problem should be fixed at the source and not with adding invisible actors. Anyway, who has time to go through all the maps and do that anyway?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Are either of us capable of fixing it at the source? Apparently not, so I assumed this information would be appreciated. And it works rather nicely in most instances I'll have you know. If you do it right there are no issues.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Or one just ditch the renderer cause it's slow and has issues, until it's fixed. What's so good with it anyway? I really don't get why everyone hypes that renderer so much. The game doesn't look right if one doesn't have ClassicalLighing=True, and then it just looks like every other renderer.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Or one just ditch the renderer cause it's slow and has issues, until it's fixed. What's so good with it anyway? I really don't get why everyone hypes that renderer so much. The game doesn't look right if one doesn't have ClassicalLighing=True, and then it just looks like every other renderer.
From Kenties:
Complete. Implements the full range of Unreal graphics functionality such as reflective surfaces, detail textures, fog.
Support for S3TC (i.e. compressed) textures, such as those from Unreal Tournament CD 2, the ones available here, these for the original Unreal, or New Vision for Deus Ex.
Consistent. Looks good whether full screen or windowed, on whatever graphics card's being used. No washed out or dark graphics. Screenshots look like they do in-game.
Niceties: supports various quality improvements such as anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering, see below.
Always runs in 32 bit color mode, always has all game detail settings enabled.
Fixes various graphics glitches present in other renderers (shimmering surfaces, etc.).
Forces the game to run on one processor(core).
Deus Ex, Unreal: instead of the 16 lowest, the 16 highest supported resolutions are shown in the video settings dialog.
Inreased depth precision (before after).
Automatically adjusts field of view to aspect ratio (example).
Override textures: textures can be replaced by external .dds files not burdened by the engine's limitations. Artist info.
Bump mapping: can be used when a normal map texture is provided.
Parallax occusion mapping: either the standard detail textures or an external height map can be used for parallax occlusion mapping.
HDR lighting and bloom; but also Classic Lighting which looks exactly as the games always have.
Granted DX9 does a lot of that too, but DX10 just looks a lot better in my opinion, especially New Vision's textures. Perhaps I just need to tweak DX9 some more.
kocmo
Thug

Post by kocmo »

Cybernetic pig wrote:... DX10 just looks a lot better in my opinion ...
Again I second :-) HDR makes the world of difference, especially in a game where night-time lighting plays such a major role in its visual style.
login23
Mole Person

Post by login23 »

Prices offered by our website are cheap as compared to any other game account selling website.
valorant accounts
fortnite accounts for sale