Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Re: HDTP Beta, Shifter and New Vision

Post by G-Flex »

I apologize if this was answered somewhere, but out of curiosity, can the stack overflow bug also be reproduced using kentie's launcher? If so, recommending a patch to him might be a good idea.
kocmo
Thug

Post by kocmo »

G-Flex wrote:I apologize if this was answered somewhere, but out of curiosity, can the stack overflow bug also be reproduced using kentie's launcher? If so, recommending a patch to him might be a good idea.
I have encountered the stack overflow while using Kentie's launcher. I guess he has compiled it using defaults for Win32 applications (stack limit of 1 MB, non-LARGEADDRESSAWARE). So, a regular DeusEx.exe v1.112fm should also be susceptible.

I did notify Marijn Kentie through his website about the issue and the solution.
Merrin
Thug

Post by Merrin »

Greetings,

I've also lost the ingame HDTP-menu and thus tried to set things manually in the HDTP.ini, as described earlier in this thread.

My problem ist, that there were no "bHDTP..."-flags anywhere to be found in the file.

Can I add them manually, and if yes: where do I have to put them?
kocmo
Thug

Post by kocmo »

Merrin wrote:Greetings,

I've also lost the ingame HDTP-menu and thus tried to set things manually in the HDTP.ini, as described earlier in this thread.

My problem ist, that there were no "bHDTP..."-flags anywhere to be found in the file.

Can I add them manually, and if yes: where do I have to put them?
Shifter doesn't support that menu. For HDTP, you add those flags under [DeusEx.DeusExPlayer] section in HDTPUser.ini.

Also, answered you on your other thread (you're cornered :D :D )
Elias79
Thug

Post by Elias79 »

I've noticed a few posts around the HDTP beta topic with regards to problems getting Shifter 1.9 RCO and HDTP beta working with Kentie's launcher (I was the original poster of the problem over at Moddb). Just wondering if anyone has had any luck at all running the three mods in the topic together?
My solution was to not use Kentie's launcher but i can still use Kentie's directx 10 render, Huang's launcher also works.