Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Playtesters Needed (GMDX)

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Playtesters Needed for GMDX v5.1
Aqualung and Environmental Resistance made passive:

Some people may question this, but is was necessary to make those augs worthy. What would you spend your aug upgrades on- Regen or aqualung?
Though you are still likely going to upgrade other augs over aqualung/ER, they are a lot more worthwhile investments being passive.
There are only 6 augs passive in total of the 20 or so, so no need to worry about a lack of player input, and it helps me achieve my goal of a balanced aug system.

Recoil system Redesigned to be more realistic and have more depth.

Other Notable Modifications:

-More variation to HK police faces.
-Player is visible when hacking.
-Computer skill has a greater influence over the amount of cash that can be syphoned out of ATMs.

Minor Modifications:

-Security bot 3 moves slightly faster and only has 2 mini rockets
-Removed DTS laser and range.
-Minor changes to Gray AI.
-Minor changes to MJ12 commando AI.
-AI: Further reduced the reaction delay period between sound events.
-Slightly increased the size of blood splat decals.
-Further minor aug balancing.
-Further minor refinements to the skill system.
-Many minor changes to weapon behaviour.
-Further minor refinements and details added to maps
-Nerfed TNT crates.
-lowered brightness of light emitted from tracer round impact.
-Fire Extinguishers are slightly more effective at blinding enemies.

Bug Fixes:

-Includes v5 hotfix
-Fixed a typo when repairbot is out of charge.
-Fixed lamps not emitting light until toggled (DDL's code).
As you can see, a somewhat minor update. However, the primary reason playtesters are needed is for the new user-friendly Installer courtesy of ggrotz,
so if anyone was planning to play GMDX soon please give me a PM/post here.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Playtesters Needed (GMDX)

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Please show your support. Yes there is hardly anyone here at all (not long 'till the DX communities die apparently), but there is someone.

GMDX does a LOT of good for DX (reinforced by the fact I've yet to see any major negativity towards it in feedback), just imagine what it will be like at, say, v10?
There won't even be a v6 if I cannot get testers, however.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

x2
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pongo
Mole Person

Post by Pongo »

Hello Mr Pig. Thanks for your work on this. I'm currently on the Warehouse level, with New Vision, HDTP and GMDX 5.1 installed. Looking very nice, and nothing negative worth reporting. I had completed the game not too long ago with GMDX 5, but I don't think it was correctly installed (possibly data directories in wrong order of priority, as it looks way better this time). I was wary of starting all over again, but this is sufficiently different to make it worth while.
I've been lurking on this forum for years by the way!
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Pongo wrote:Hello Mr Pig. Thanks for your work on this. I'm currently on the Warehouse level, with New Vision, HDTP and GMDX 5.1 installed. Looking very nice, and nothing negative worth reporting. I had completed the game not too long ago with GMDX 5, but I don't think it was correctly installed (possibly data directories in wrong order of priority, as it looks way better this time). I was wary of starting all over again, but this is sufficiently different to make it worth while.
I've been lurking on this forum for years by the way!
Glad you came out of lurking after all these years to show your support. That means a lot to me, especially as I've spammed every corner of the internet that may contain DX fans these last few days in search of testers and nobody has come forward.
However, you do not have GMDX 5.1, I haven't uploaded it yet! (unless I made a mistake in the naming of the files).

I will send it to you if you like? It does a fair bit more than listed above also.

Can you imagine the greatness of a v10 or something of the sort? It's a glorious goal for me that is looking to be a pipe dream...

As for graphics; DX10 renderer, fairly high resolution (1366x678 is best I find), New Vision, HDTP, and GMDX maps with load priority (especially with the latest build I will send you, if you accept, as the majority of maps have additional decorative detail now).
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Cybernetic pig wrote: However, you do not have GMDX 5.1, I haven't uploaded it yet! (unless I made a mistake in the naming of the files).
I have a file here named that. It looks like that's what you called your patch/update.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Oh yes, brain fart.

Have a nice song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UASiNw1Rwks
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I should mention that I changed my mind about making Environmental Resistance passive. Aqualung was truly crap. Environmental Resistence was not. Looking at the code I realised the fix I made to Hazmats also changes Environ Res. so it is even better than vanilla as a result. So just aqualung is passive, not Environ. Should balance the choice good.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

OK, GMDX v6.1 is in need of testing. It will likely be the last release for a while and it is for the most part very wholesome and polished, but I am not going to release it unless I can get testers because it goes without saying that testers are a vital aspect of development. Whilst the mod has had numerous testing of versions past, plenty has been added since and therefore more testing is needed, so please sign up.
Pongo
Mole Person

Post by Pongo »

Well I'll quite happily test it, but I'm off on my hols for two weeks quite soon, so won't be able to offer much for a while.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Thanks, Pongo. Let me know when you want to begin.