Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re: Goddamnit, MJ12 trooper

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Sounds super, been quite busy myself, but I'll get some free time soon where I can run around and test stuff. And the Revision Beta testers will surely find broken stuff, if there is any.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote: I am planning to upload the latest packages uh..fuck it, today, and will send a link to ggrotz for installerification and bjorn for revision stuffs, and hopefully both those guys can have a quick mooch around and make sure Anna doesn't have anything critically wrong with her (she can speak now, but fuck knows if that means she can't do something else: viewmodeladd testing seems to play through her full set of anims without borking, and she holds a gun in the right place, so....fingers crossed), and then I'm hoping ggrotz will upload the new package to moddb.

Sound like a plan?
Great. Once I get the files and kick around Deus Ex a bit with those, I can upload the latest build for testing (linkz to pmz) for those who are interested in seeing if there isn't anything critically wrong and then when done I can upload to moddb. The only question will be if I can link to the old HDTP project with the file - I couldn't with the other. If I can't I need to talk to an admin, but I think I probably need to anyway because of the original uploads of the HDTP Release 2 files. The way they were labeled are confusing (think complete and total fuck-up), and it's causing problems.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Hmm, to update for latest HDTP compatibility or not to update. We getting a changelog with this release?
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

ggrotz wrote:The way they were labeled are confusing (think complete and total fuck-up)
That was me: three files (because of upload restrictions), so 01, 02 and 03.
I wasn't expecting anyone to rename the release to "beta 2", it was just "the same beta, but with more shit in it" as far as I was concerned. Carefully regulated version control is for people with teams, and time. Maybe next time I'll go for "A, B and C" or something.

CyP: for changelog, see "people with teams and time", above. Very little has really changed. The milbot should make noise, anna should speak, lamps/cameras should hopefully not be fucking assholes about their lit/unlit on/off status, reload anims for the pistol and rifle now follow mods and skill, fixed some muzzleflash issues with first/3rd person models (hopefully), monkeyed around with the flamethrower offset, added some more textures Daveyboy did.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote: That was me: three files (because of upload restrictions), so 01, 02 and 03.
I wasn't expecting anyone to rename the release to "beta 2", it was just "the same beta, but with more shit in it" as far as I was concerned. Carefully regulated version control is for people with teams, and time. Maybe next time I'll go for "A, B and C" or something.
Okay...anyway, when I put the installer up, all I did was follow the naming convention of whoever did the first installer. That was the first release, so I considered what you put out the second. I will likely label the most current one the third, if there are no objections. If I uploaded the ZIP files, I would have gone with "release 2, file 1", "release 2, file 2", etc. with a note saying that you need all 3 to install. But that is just the way I would have done it.

As you probably can tell from the comments I linked to, people are thinking that each file is a complete release of HDTP, and it's causing confusion.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Yeah, I always overestimate the mental acuity of people. It wasn't like I WANTED to upload three packages, I just had to because of filesize limits at the time.
My original post:
Now I realise this is probably the most half-arsed beta release of anything, ever, but them's the breaks. If anyone wants to rehost the files, be my guest.

There's a readme in there somewhere, but basically, this works as a sort of manual patch to the initial HDTP release.

So download all the packages, unzip 'em, dump 'em in the right places, etc etc, and bob's your uncle.
I figured that was pretty self-explanatory, but I guess if the links get posted elsewhere without the support text then all that gets lost. Ah well, plans, contact, enemy, etc. ;)
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

I've been playing around with Render.dll related stuff lately and noticed that the indices to vertices are just _WORD, and at least for ULodMeshes anims there seems to be some kind of vertex remapping also just with an _WORD index. Maybe the vertex count on the model is to high which causes the troubles, so maybe reducing the poly count of the model and try if it works should be at least worth a try.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

(nevermind)
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote:hopefully both those guys can have a quick mooch around and make sure Anna doesn't have anything critically wrong with her (she can speak now
I'm about ready to blow up the superfreighter. Everything's looking good so far in the main game along with the spot checks I did. HDTP MJ12 troopers live (very strange still to see them as this is literally the first time I've seen them in an extended way), Anna speaks, the flamethrower works very easily (again) to light things on fire, milbots shake the ground and have sounds now. New textures for the medkit, electric box, security panel, and soy food that I've noticed so far.

Problems:
1. The Assault gun still plays the "twip" sound when shooting a grenade instead of the "thok" one that plays in the vanilla game. Edit: Actually it seems to play both.
2. The sniper rifle and pistol now have insane fast reload times, which are heavily increased as skill is increased. Reload mods will increase this speed even more. Master skill reloads on these weapons are near instantaneous.

Okay I'm done now. This is all I noticed.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Huh, sniper and pistol reload "ok" on mine, and then go up to "stupid fast" once full skill+mods are applied. This is kinda an unavoidable consequence of me having to hack around the reload anims. I could've made it more case-specific but it would've been ugly.

Sniper has 33 reload frames at 12 per sec, so that should be 2.75 seconds, so with max reload mods (double speed) and max weaponskill (also double speed) this should be quartered, thus 0.6875 seconds, or thereabouts. Which I realise is superfast, but hell: you're gonna need to invest to get there.

Pistol should be similar...*checks* yeah: 22 frames at 8 per sec, so 2.75 again.

If this is not what you're experiencing, then I guess I'll have to investigate further. :-/