Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
ggrotz
X-51

Re: HDTP Beta Release 3 Support

Post by ggrotz »

Salk wrote: By the way, I'd like to ask you guys whether or not it is possible to have HDTP, NV and Human Renovation together. Specifically, using Human Renovation's DeusEx.u file rather than the HDTP one.
It's possible:

Code: Select all

Paths=..\huren\*.u
Paths=..\HDTP\System\*.u
Paths=..\System\*.u
Paths=..\New Vision\Maps\*.dx
Paths=..\Maps\*.dx
Paths=..\New Vision\Textures\*.utx
Paths=..\HDTP\Textures\*.utx
Paths=..\Textures\*.utx
Paths=..\Sounds\*.uax
Paths=..\Music\*.umx
It looks like the only problem is that Human Renovation only supports HDTP Rel 1 stuff. As a thought, I wonder if Yuki is aware of this new version?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

HuRen is maintained by G-Flex, Yuki does Shifter. I updated our "Revision customized" versions of HuRen and Shifter (and Biomod) to use the latest stuff. :) I'm sure it's possible to port without much issue.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:HuRen is maintained by G-Flex, Yuki does Shifter.
Right, I'm aware of this. Yuki seems more active (along with the interest in Shifter), which is why that name came to mind.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:HuRen is maintained by G-Flex, Yuki does Shifter. I updated our "Revision customized" versions of HuRen and Shifter (and Biomod) to use the latest stuff. :) I'm sure it's possible to port without much issue.
Would you consider making your customized version available?

Thanks.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

I thought I'd document some things on the installer itself which will help if anyone wants to package it along with their own mods. (Also functioning as bumping this topic.) You'll notice I've done this with the GMDX installers I've done in the past.

In order to run the installer, you unpack it from your own (or copy it probably is better) to a temp directory and then call it like this:

Code: Select all

HDTP-Release3.exe /SILENT /NOCANCEL /TASKS="d3d9,otpuifix"  /dir="C:\Deus Ex"
/SILENT = makes it not prompt anything. You'll provide all the other inputs it needs anyway on the command-line so it doesn't matter, assuming you get them right of course.

/NOCANCEL = eliminates the use of the CANCEL button. Good if you want it as a prerequisite to your own mod.

/TASKS = this specifies which things are selected within the installer, listed as described above. The tasks that I've defined in the installer are:

opengl = "Chris Donhal's OpenGL renderer v 2.1";
d3d9 = "Chris Donhal's DirectX 9 renderer r13"
d3d10 = "Kentie's DirectX 10 renderer r28"
d3d11 = "Kentie's DirectX 11 renderer r1" (coded for in the script but not enabled/built with as Kentie has not released a stable version of this)
otpuifix = "OTP User Interface Scaling Fix"
kentiedx = "Kentie's Deus Ex Replacement v 5.3"

All the renderers and default settings are installed no matter what, but the choice indicated is what is installed as the active renderer. So note that those are mutually exclusive (meaning you only specify the default for your mod)

/DIR = the directory your mod installs in - you want this to be the main Deus Ex directory the user selects within YOUR installer. Here I have it installing into "C:\Deus Ex"

When I hear word of HDTP source files being released (or GMDX ones), I'll be releasing the corresponding installer scripts.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Made in China wrote: So, yeah. I think there's a demand for a Deus Ex: Total Graphic Overhaul installer.
I just received permission from the relevant parties to do this. I like the name, so look for it under that in the next day or so. I'll announce when I know it's up.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Sounds great, ggrotz.

I do hope bjorn98009_91 will take a peek here and share the customized Human Renovation to be used with your Total Graphic Overhaul package.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

ggrotz wrote: I just received permission from the relevant parties to do this. I like the name, so look for it under that in the next day or so. I'll announce when I know it's up.
You may have already seen the post, but didn't get it copied here.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12161

It's been up for a couple of days.

Note the stuff I wrote up above about calling the installer applies to this one too.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Thanks, ggrotz!

I downloaded it. =D>