Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

EER wrote:Didn't it work earlier today?
Yes, yes it did. But the way the redirection works is by setting up a page with frames and including the old HDTP URL in the frame. This will mask the URL until someone clicks on a link that opens in a new window. I don't like that so...
EER wrote:Anyway, the only way I think it may work the way you want it, is by setting the DNS record of www.hdtp.net to the IP address of offtopicproductions.com and have Trestkon or Jonas configure the OTP server to serve /HDTP as root if the requested domain name is www.hdtp.net.
That was the next step. The only problem with this is that GiSol doesn't handle internal redirection (addon domain type stuff) as easily as it should (or maybe its just hidden away somewhere in the control panel). I did talk to some Gisol people, but that didn't get me anywhere.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

If you would talk to me about add-on domains, you wouldn't get anywhere either ;). Probably because I don't know the term.

Maybe you could ask how to set up a virtual host?
Apache: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/vhosts/name-based.html
IIS: http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.0/install ... ual-Hosts)

(I don't know the server software that runs here, as the HTTP-Server tag is empty)

Assuming the admin software is H-Sphere, you might want to check out the 'L. Servers' configuration. Although I do agree that H-Sphere sucks on the point of user friendliness.

Good luck :D
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I thought I already set up the redirection, what did I do wrong?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Jonas wrote:I thought I already set up the redirection, what did I do wrong?
Well, whatever you did, it took me to some weird grey screen with...well it looked like admin features, such as setting up mailbox settings and whatnot.

I talked to Trestkon afterwards, and he let me poke around your guys' control panel. I couldn't find any link that gave me the option to set up another domain and redirect it to a subdomain, and chatting with GiSol's live tech support yielded squat...

Maybe I'll poke around some more, but I'm not sure I'll find anything different that I couldn't find before :?
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by ThalesA7X »

Well, let's see. My hosting only allows for 1 domain so I couldn't do that because I use mine. BUT I have 250gb of monthly bandwidth so I could host the larger files and you just link to them. If that will work let me know.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

ThalesA7X wrote:Well, let's see. My hosting only allows for 1 domain so I couldn't do that because I use mine. BUT I have 250gb of monthly bandwidth so I could host the larger files and you just link to them. If that will work let me know.
Bandwidth isn't really an issue. The currently OTP hosting plan has unlimited\o/
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Wee bit of an update, Oinutter was kind enough to set up a decent redirect for the domain hdtp.net, so now you can access HDTP via that address.

I'll go ahead and update the news.
Mr.Caravaggio
Mole Person

Post by Mr.Caravaggio »

Yeeeeeoooo, that's a draconian registering confirmation image. I had to try three times just so i could post this!

Why? Because I'm glad you guys are still going. I remember I had an account on the ionstorm forums, and then the dx retex forum, and threw a few things around when this whole thing started (that other one, the dx-rebirth site still actually has my texture for the "chunk-o-honey" bar on it.)

Glad to see you weren't all just wasting time.

Anyway, I'm in this thread for the site. Am i missing something or is there a very limited gallery of items? Seems like they should all be on display for the whole world but the gallery link just goes to stuff from last year? (rifle looks awesome). Considering where the progress bars are anyhow.

So yeah, that's it, I'd like to see more. In game shots, shots of the same item from a 100 angles, etc.

Keep it up.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Mr.Caravaggio wrote:Yeeeeeoooo, that's a draconian registering confirmation image. I had to try three times just so i could post this!

Why? Because I'm glad you guys are still going. I remember I had an account on the ionstorm forums, and then the dx retex forum, and threw a few things around when this whole thing started (that other one, the dx-rebirth site still actually has my texture for the "chunk-o-honey" bar on it.)

Glad to see you weren't all just wasting time.

Anyway, I'm in this thread for the site. Am i missing something or is there a very limited gallery of items? Seems like they should all be on display for the whole world but the gallery link just goes to stuff from last year? (rifle looks awesome). Considering where the progress bars are anyhow.

So yeah, that's it, I'd like to see more. In game shots, shots of the same item from a 100 angles, etc.

Keep it up.
Hey man good to see you - always a pleasure to welcome an old friend :)

Weve had a very long hiatus basically due to uni finals and me starting a new job :)

Stuff is done - models are complete but weve got no one to texture them - people have lost interest. Either way - we release whatever is complete at the end of the year and call it quits - simply because hardly anyone has time to give this thing the love it requires. Weve all moved onto other projects! :(
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Stuff is done - models are complete but weve got no one to texture them - people have lost interest.
...and that's a shame. Seriously! :so:
Smike
Platypus

Post by Smike »

We haven't lost interest! JC's still on track for the animations over here. Hell we finished prepping him on Saturday! I didn't realize you had a problem with lost interest. That really surprises me. More info please - send me a mail if you'd prefer.
Mr.Caravaggio
Mole Person

Post by Mr.Caravaggio »

Nearing a final huh? Cool. Um, I'm not offering anything cause of school and all, I'm just curious, but is there a list of models still not done?

I hope all the weapons and ammo made it at least. The thread with the assault rifle seems to have sputtered a but... :(
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Mr.Caravaggio wrote:is there a list of models still not done?
http://www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/
Michael_TSM
NSF

Post by Michael_TSM »

What happened to the website?

www.hdtp.net just sends me to the offtopicproduction site
www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp sends me to a empty wordpress theme

Are you updating? Or having problems?
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »